No edit button on Scam Busters- (New members)

Anything relating to this website.
Rose1
Members
First Name: Marie

No edit button on Scam Busters- (New members)

Post by Rose1 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:41 pm

New member:

first tiem responded on a blog her eon scam busters, email scam busters to say could not edit as no edit button, scam buster gave a blurb saying you only have 15 mins to do so as then you there system doe into allow you to or times out and gave reason/ scenario if that happens.
Ok, fine I thought, so when in to Review this am as they said is the only way to see then the edit function button, so what happens then, still no button comes up which now leaves this question.

Have you been scared by scam busters? if you are a new member is is not to be presumed that every one may know that you cannot edit at all here, so after this line, I say still try to go in to the edit button via first pressing Preview button, and if I arrive at the edit place, I can say things have been fix here in scam busters if not shall let New members here be aware they may not be able to edit any ting that they say, which if it is offered to all others, os that a system error? or a scam ](*,)

Rose1
Members

Re: No edit button on Scam Busters- (New members)

Post by Rose1 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:44 pm

testing testing testing...... to edit..... and Nope still the same I have just pressed preview and nope no edit, or is that edit it self may be? as I was look of the actual button with the wording on it Edit like all other functions normally have on it, well have done since computers have been out.... I was spoking to by scam busters as if all New members should know that Preview means edit as well, one can preview however may not mean one can edit, if that makes any sense... lets see now =;

Rose1
Members

Post by Rose1 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:47 pm

Ok, I am not a 18 year old Computer IT Guru.

Yes for those who are over 50 and not all computer savvy, Preview and edit same thing, not stupid only looked of the edit button which was not there at all, still found Preview the same thing.... no worries :-P

digidog
Site Admin
First Name: Alfie

Post by digidog » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:53 pm

Hi Marie. As we've already explained to you by email, every user has a 15 minute window in which to edit their posts and correct and typos. This is neither a system error or a scam. And obviously some people need this facility more than others.

Preview is NOT the same as edit. As the name implies, PREVIEW allows you to view your post, formatted as it will appear on the forums. You can do this for hours on end if you wish or until you get your post looking the way you want it. Once you post a comment, you have a 15 minute grace period in which to EDIT the post. Look for the little pencil symbol at the top right of every post.

Our reasoning behind this measure was explained to you by email and has previously been discussed in this thread entitled Edit Function for posts.

While we welcome new members, you've achieved 16 (edit: now 17) posts in just two days. In addition you've sent eleven emails to our admin team. In one of your posts you say you've closed your TradeMe account. As our forums deal pretty much exclusively with TM, it's hard to guess what you hope to gain by posting here, and the tone of your posts to date offers no enlightenment.

This isn't the TM message boards. We do advise new members to have a look around the forums and get a feel for the way we do things. We operate "low noise" forums -- the basic principle being if someone has nothing useful to add to a thread, it's best not to post. That way we avoid meaningless posts saying "I agree" or "LOL". We find that makes for more intelligent discussions in the long run. I'm sure you'll understand.