fair's fair

This is where you can read any threads which have been closed by site admins. This forum is read only.
checkpal
Honorary Scambuster

Hi Guys

Post by checkpal » Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:29 am

Stay cool. Don't let a few circling handwringers shift your focus. Best just ignore them and plough on. You all have NOTHING to apologise for.

nononsense
Members

digidog

Post by nononsense » Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:30 am

And nononsense... do you seriously believe by any stretch of the imagination, that Vink's works were NOT asian art?
I am wise enough to not make a judgement just from a picture I see on the Internet! I don't own one, nor have I seen one. It baffles me that you persistently present all your arguments as PROOF that they are HKH! Even Mings herself said several times that the closest to proof will probably always be just opinion. And you want me to know without seeing anything just because you say so? I'm not saying they're not, I'm saying I don't know! Nor does Talia, Doug, Kelly etc.....and those 3 own many!
If the ScamBusters hadn't alerted TM to Vink's
antics UNTIL we had a laboratory analysis of his work, how many more
victims would he have ripped off?
It is my understanding and from the e-mails I have received that it was in fact Artists who alerted Trade Me. I think (not too sure though) that it began with puniho and lbell got involved and other Artists. THEY are the ones who started reporting to Scambusters and Trade Me from what I understand. In fact only as far back as mid March, check the kind of support one scambuster was offering to one Artist who knew something was wrong on auction 23700819. Yet you guys have done heaps of the same thing all over people auctions!

blondini
Assistant ScamBuster

Post by blondini » Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:37 am

Let it goooooooooo

chinaqt
Members

Nononsense

Post by chinaqt » Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:48 am

I am wise enough to not make a judgement just from a picture I see on the Internet! I don't own one, nor have I seen one. It baffles me that you persistently present all your arguments as PROOF that they are HKH! Even Mings herself said several times that the closest to proof will probably always be just opinion.
Umm... actually it was me with the opinion comment. I have seen one and I did get a dealer to run his eyes over it and was assured that it was typical of HKH.

I think once everything is out you will find that TM do listen to the scambusters a little more than they would care to admit!!! It took more than artists complaining to TM to disable those traders and if you think differently - well it's the horse to water thing all over again.

I think this should be the end now guys. If you have been ripped off and want to do something, please do. It is just wasting time sniping at each other and this was why the other thread was closed. Kelly and Talia go to the police, or the disputes tribunal, or whatever your lawyers have instructed - feel free - but stop expecting this site to provide your salvation from the Vink/Chelsea saga.

nononsense
Members

chinaqt...

Post by nononsense » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:23 am

ok so it was you. my mistake it was a scambuster, more to the point!

I think this should be the end now guys

Sorry I thought this was the site where people believed in free speech! I must be mistaken then. I have never had anyTrade Me staff ever tell me when to stop posting in a thread, not if I don't swear (which I haven't here) and am just expressing an opinion in a reasonable manner.

I'll consider myself told to go then! Sorry for overstaying my welcome! I'll keep it in mind!

digidog
Site Admin
First Name: Alfie

Re: chinaqt...

Post by digidog » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:29 am

nononsense wrote:Sorry I thought this was the site where people believed in free speech!
Free speech, yes. Repetitive waffle, no.

I'm with Blondini... let it gooooooooooo!

talia
Members

Re: Nononsense

Post by talia » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:29 am

[quote="chinaqt"]Kelly and Talia go to the police, or the disputes tribunal, or whatever your lawyers have instructed - feel free - but stop expecting this site to provide your salvation from the Vink/Chelsea saga.[/quote]

I don't want salvation. Just courtesy, honesty and full communication. And in your case chinaqt that would include responding to the two PMs I sent you on Monday the 30th.

Mings the list of information not shared is too long to list. But I will forward you some of the PMs I have sent to other scambusters for you to view requests that gone unanswered. Which reminds me for the upteenth time I find myself asking. Have you had a response from Tizard and is she going to be helpful?

chinaqt
Members

Post by chinaqt » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:31 am

I didn't tell you to stop I said "I think this should be the end"

It would be nice if you stopped twisting things and get your facts right. Twice in one post is not a good record.

mings
Scambuster

Hi Talia

Post by mings » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:34 am

I meant to answer that earlier as I must have missed it when you asked for a follow up earlier. Yes, we've had a response and yes that says that it will be looked in to but no it doesn't give any detail with respect to what that means .... nor would I expect it to.

Any considerations that might be given by officials or other authorities will remain confidential, even to the complainant, until such time as the investigation is concluded.

Cheers.

nononsense
Members

chinaqt

Post by nononsense » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:34 am

Who gives you the right to use my name on MB which was entrusted to you in PRIVATE MESSAGE?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How dare you breach a person's right to privacy on the Internet just because you can!

I fixed that... I also did that in an earlier post of mine and I'd say it was an accident. Accept our apologies. As has been pointed out, we are dealing with alot of email. cheers - mings

digidog
Site Admin
First Name: Alfie

Re: Nononsense

Post by digidog » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:36 am

talia wrote:... I will forward you some of the PMs I have sent to other scambusters for you to view requests that gone unanswered.
Hi Talia,

We're inundated with PMs at the moment. Unless you have confidential
information to share, it's best to post in the forums.

chinaqt
Members

Post by chinaqt » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:36 am

I did reply to one on Monday at 3.49 pm please pay attention
Hi talia,

I've just spent the last 3/4 hour with our local inspector of police. He assures me that if you take your complaint to the police it will be sorted by the fraud squad.

Misrepresentation - your painting is not Koro Bay
Misrepresentation - your painting is signed by someone who did not paint it
Copyright infringement - I know we're still looking but someone will come up with it.
What is with you and your demands.

chinaqt
Members

Post by chinaqt » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:37 am

Hello a quick search of TM members is all it takes, this information is in the public arena. That's what I do, that's why we find stuff - it's called research!!

nononsense
Members

chinaqt

Post by nononsense » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:44 am

I have every right to wish to remain anonymous anywhere I choose to be. Just because scambusters have that info does not give you the right to missuse it. I never had to say to any of you scambusters who I am on TM and you had no right to give out my name on public forum without my consent! This is appalling!

scrosby
Members

Re: fight internally

Post by scrosby » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:49 am

Foggyone wrote:Reminds me of the two maggots who fought in dead ernest.
I am going to steal this for a signature on another site I LOVE IT.