TM try to claim the word "Me" - seriously!

Irrational behaviour and incomprehensible decisions 101 - this is the place. If they're really silly, you could win a chocolate fish.* (* Highly unlikely and they're only virtual chocolate fish)

digidog
Site Admin
First Name: Alfie

TM try to claim the word "Me" - seriously!

Post by digidog » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:59 pm

TradeMe are attempting to claim ownership of the pronoun "me". You read that correctly. TM has filed proceedings with the Intellectual Property Office to stop media group NZME (formerly NZ Herald) from setting up the brands shopme, driveme and propertyme.

TM argues that most punters, upon hearing the word 'Me" immediately associate that with TM. Well, f*** me!

I understood that words in common use, and you'd have to agree that a nominative singular pronoun which dates back over a thousand years qualifies, cannot be copyrighted. The Stuff story features opposing expert views.

Let's see how this one pans out.

thejadegate
Members
First Name: john

Re: TM try to claim the word "Me" - seriously!

Post by thejadegate » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:10 am

Well f***ME sideways,what will emenem do if his song cant use the word me.

Turdme is an out of control beast that is becoming the biggest joke in NZ

danielroxheaps
Members
First Name: Daniel

Re: TM try to claim the word "Me" - seriously!

Post by danielroxheaps » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:56 am

Trade** (had to censor the ** just in case this,goes through and i'll get in trouble) seems to be full and carries a lot of BS.

So is shopme similar to Trade**? Because I'd be happy to switch, even after all the auctions i've made on TM since 2004.