New feature or new glitch?

Irrational behaviour and incomprehensible decisions 101 - this is the place. If they're really silly, you could win a chocolate fish.* (* Highly unlikely and they're only virtual chocolate fish)

marika3
Scambuster

New feature or new glitch?

Post by marika3 » Thu May 15, 2014 12:18 am

Just noticed that in any listing older that 45 days seller's name and feedback are not longer clickable - they are just plain black text.

Is it new thing?
http://www.oneway.co.nz/member/marika3

digidog
Site Admin
First Name: Alfie

Re: New feature or new glitch?

Post by digidog » Thu May 15, 2014 1:25 am

I noticed that yesterday. Hopefully it's a glitch rather than another effort from TM to obscure auction history.

craisin
Members
First Name: Baillie

Post by craisin » Sat May 24, 2014 9:44 am

hey i had that problem to so i asked a question of a buyer said something like [I cant seem to view your feedback?] they answered [you have Computer problems on your end] Anyway i dont have that problem no more. I came here read this thread went to Trade Me but closed the tab to this site and i viewed feedback from 2012
Some months back i could get to Trade Me but end up with a blank screen if i clicked on anything my ISP had me do a [traceroute] and email them the results.
Anyway they didnt fix the problem, i joined Wheedle and then went to Trade Me with Wheedle cookies onboard and it was back to normal
I am a Linux User and my ISP trys to get my to use my Windows PC to solve problems so they can help others with the same problem.
But its easier on linux but its hard for new users

Foggyone
Site Admin
First Name: Peter

Post by Foggyone » Sun May 25, 2014 3:26 am

Trademe keep persistent cookies for many years. They are unable to see cookies from other sites but DO know which site you come from (referred site).

To clear cookies with Firefox under Linux
Edit/Preferences/Privacy
Use Custom Settings For History
Show Cookies and delete all cookies
You need to enter any sites you wish to keep cookies (such as Trademe if you wish to have them remember you for auto login)
You can also clear history on closing, but untick cookies otherwise your retained cookies will be deleted. Some sites have accessed history records, though I haven't heard TM do this.

I authorise cookies for those sites that will not work without (like my bank) for the session only.

I also run an anti tracking add on called Ghostery (requires set up).

By cleaning up your cookies you may solve this problem.
(I'm a dedicated Linux person).
Google, the answer to so many questions!
-----------------------------------------------------