TM about to stop sorting of negative listings

Irrational behaviour and incomprehensible decisions 101 - this is the place. If they're really silly, you could win a chocolate fish.* (* Highly unlikely and they're only virtual chocolate fish)

00timebandit00
Members

TM about to stop sorting of negative listings

Post by 00timebandit00 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:00 am

Hi there,
I've signed up to BidBud.co.nz (not what this thread is about). When you click on the trader to see their feedback there is an additional column called "non positive feedback".

This is an excellent feature because instead of having to scroll through all their listings to read the negatives you have them all there. Particularly good when trader has more than 100 trades.

Anyway, back to the purpose of this thread. TM has now decided to make it against their "rules" to have an API which sorts feedback in this way, probably to discourage use of BidBud in preference to TM itself.

Here is what I found today when I was looking for a car to purchase so you can see what I mean about the feedback feature and at the top of the page there is a link to a petition asking for TM to change their mind. :smt019 Pointless I think, but I signed despite this b/c I'm sick of having TM do everything it can to make safe trading more difficult.
https://www.bidbud.co.nz/members/feedba ... n-positive" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

digidog
Site Admin
First Name: Alfie

Re: TM about to stop sorting of negative listings

Post by digidog » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:02 am

That does seem like a silly change for TM to make. Mind you, they've brought in a number of measures over the years which hide bad feedback. The worst one was removing feedback from public view once a trader had been disabled. So people like us could no longer calculate the dollar value of the bigger scams.

I use a Greasemonkey script to achieve the same feedback sorting... hopefully that will remain unaffected.

I've signed the petition.

00timebandit00
Members

Post by 00timebandit00 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:49 am

Thanks.

Googlybear
Members

Post by Googlybear » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:15 pm

Here is a Feedback sorting greasemonkey script i found today on greasyfork now that userscripts.org is down for good

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/1911- ... ack-filter
Click on the red or blue face at the top of a Trademe member's feedback listing to see only negative, neutral, or incomplete feedback for that member.

Only the most recent 1,000 feedback items are made available by Trademe, so the number of negatives shown in the list may not match the total count at the top of the list if the member has more than 1,000 feedbacks.