Dodgy diet plans ... the rest

Fake copies of Microsoft Office, operating systems, memory cards and flash drives, fake designer clothing... anything of that nature. At any given time TM offers thousands of fake itmes which breach their terms & conditions... and often do little about the problem. This is the place to discuss the issue.
scott_evil
Members

Someone didn't like my question

Post by scott_evil » Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:58 am

Someone didn't like my question:
Although I noticed your warning about unhealthy diet plans people are selling, but I am puzzled to know how your one isn't one of those too. Losing 12kg per month isn't realistic, I would like to know exactly what your qualifications in this field are. posted by: alexff1 (261 ) 3:20 pm, Sat 24 Mar
you have been blacklisted, its none of your business how im qualified as your not going to buy my plan anyway. you keep asking this question and keep recieving an answer. now you cant waste my time with stupid questions. the important thing and all people need to know is i am qualified and this plan works. 8:03 pm, Sat 24 Mar
Yay, I've been blacklisted! I love it when sellers fold. Third diet plan seller to do so (and the only one who hasn't been eventually been disabled).

This stupid woman is obviously lying. Anyone who is qualified would know that the diet is not a particularly effective as well as safe diet. 12kg per month and keeping it off, yeah right! She doesn't have any qualifications because she couldn't answer my question in a professional manner.
I AM THE ONLY QUALIFIED TRADER TO SELL DIET PLANS ON TRADE ME DONT BE SUCKED IN BY FAKES, THAT CAN PUT YOU AND YOUR HEALTH IN DANGER!
How many things are wrong with this quote? False claims.
______

digidog
Site Admin
First Name: Alfie

Post by digidog » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:09 am

What an evasive response! I've also asked a Q:
I think the person asking the previous question has a good point. If you are
qualified why not just tell us what qualifications you have? It would certainly
add substance to your claim and give buyers confidence in your product.
Thanks.

chinaqt
Members

Post by chinaqt » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:03 pm

I asked a question too, however I've been blacklisted for having the audacity to ask it.
Hi, could you please tell me what your qualification is in. It seems that this is not really a realistic weight loss regime. Thanks posted by: chinaqt (38 ) 5:18 pm, Sun 25 Mar

please see answer below. it is a realistic weightloss plan aslong as people stick to my rules, if they put themselves in danger by constantly "dieting" it is not my problem, this plan is for people who need a kickstart with weightloss to make a life style change. 8:23 pm, Sun 25 Mar

Hi can you explain how you are the only qualified trader? Are you a nutritionist or what????? posted by: eli.vegas (40 ) 7:34 pm, Sun 25 Mar

im a nutritionist and also a chef. everyone else just copies plans and re sells them on here, in my opinion if they cant offer advice and such they shouldnt be selling something they know nothing about. 8:21 pm, Sun 25 Mar
Nutritionist indeed and a chef to boot, gosh what a busy life this one must lead.

dobby
Members
First Name: Dobby

From her feedback ...

Post by dobby » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:03 am

shalbauer (119 ) 16 Jan 2007 gucci_stylexx was the seller (#83893927)

good trader but have found almost exact diet on the internet
trader responded: 16 Jan 2007
thats impossible! will contact buyer to find out details, as my diets are copywritten and are all my work!

Other feedback suggests that she sells fake perfume:
evettinteriors (20 ) 27 Dec 2006 gucci_stylexx was the seller (#77820872)

is not real dior! buyers beware!
trader responded: 30 Dec 2006
have contacted trader to solve the problem. waiting for buyer to change feedback.
.. and several refer to being ripped off on postage.
Idealism increases in direct proportion to your distance from the problem.

dobby
Members

Post by dobby » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:09 am

chinaqt wrote:Nutritionist indeed and a chef to boot, gosh what a busy life this one must lead.
Add Model to the list too. :lol:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Profil ... er=1427700

Name: Jay
Suburb: Auckland City
Fav. Quote: "thats hot, YOUR NOT!"

chinaqt
Members

Post by chinaqt » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:19 am

Also an early adopter of the let's see what the punters think of these fake bags see here

I think that there were many fake bags in the beginning but as they proved a waste of time this trader moved into the other areas of deceit. Small time little things that annoy people generally.

digidog
Site Admin

Post by digidog » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:23 am

And not a very well person it seems. This response to feedback posted on
23rd March (last Friday) says:
i dont do refunds as all my money goes on medication n doctors visits. bit
upset, but hopefully this can be resolved.
A model, chef and nutritionist who's permanently sick. Maybe that diet plan
isn't as healthy at it seems! Other feedback adds weight to this argument.
wasnt that great diet as it made out it was, just a photo copy page,
not what i expected for $15, wouldnt recomend it. not at all happy,
it also took ages to post
dont think the trade was worth what i paid for.
There are other red faces complaining about overcharging on postage and
this from one of her fake perfume sales:
is not real dior! buyers beware!
What's the chance of these diet plans being safe? Next to zero!

scott_evil
Members

Post by scott_evil » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:40 am

Regarding garry_godslayer's (copied) diet
Thanks for contacting us.

Unfortunately we need to be contacted by the copyright holder to be able to take any action on this. I am sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

If you have any further questions or if I can be of any further help please do not hesitate to contact me.
I recently posted a question on yodalikepies auction and they said it was a copy. Whether they decide to inform TradeMe it is up to them, however it would be a good idea to keep the amount of dodgy diet plan sellers to a minimum. Can't see why TM can't just figure this out themselves though, I gave them plenty of evidence to support my complaint.
______

digidog
Site Admin

Post by digidog » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:51 pm

gucci_stylexx is doing very well out of her dodgy diet plan.
why pay anywhere from $30 - $100 for a consultation & diet plan
that doesnt work?

Her latest two page diet just fetched $35. There are a lot of deperate
overweight people out there!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... d=92739756

A year ago we listed this trader (see page 4 of this thread) as "selling
bennywong's diet". I note that bennywong is no longer selling these. Does
anyone have more details of this diet?

dobby
Members

It's a croc ...

Post by dobby » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:16 pm

She bought ....

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... d=52028862
(from gbjthomas)

and ...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... d=57509591
(from bennywong)

it's bound to be one of these. bennywong (from memory) was selling
around 3-4 different diets, all of which had made his wife lose
unbelievable amounts of weight.

It was never determined which diet bennywong sold, but unlikely to be the
Israeli Army diet that gbjthomas sold.

scott_evil
Members

Post by scott_evil » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:34 pm

Quite frankly, TradeMe must be aware that an estimated 90% of these traders are selling other peoples diets, either copied from a google source or selling the same information others have sold. While it may be possible that there are people selling their own work, we are unable to establish this. So far we have uncovered a number of cons.

The Lose 3-5 kgs in 4 days diet has been circulating around everywhere between most of these sellers. It is an obvious fad and it is sad to see people giving away their money for false hope. Gucci_stylex's listing descriptions have so many contradictions it is blatantly obvious that her qualifications are imaginary.

I would love to forward these to someone higher up, particularly celebrity nutritionist Nikki Hart (the Evil diet witch) and get her views.
______

dobby
Members

Post by dobby » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:41 pm

scott_evil wrote:
I would love to forward these to someone higher up, particularly celebrity nutritionist Nikki Hart (the Evil diet witch) and get her views.
Great idea - Do it!

digidog
Site Admin

Post by digidog » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:43 pm

Fair Go might be interested as well as most of these diets make false
promises and/or are copies of information that is freely available on
the net.

scott_evil
Members

Post by scott_evil » Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:35 am

gucci_stylex had a go at one of the power sellers, tamarah1
gucci_stylex's auction:
gucci stylexx-why did you ask whether I am qualified to sell this information, when you yourself have some type of plan listed also?are the others ladies badgering you? (they seem to attack the competition for some reason,so if so...just ignore them-its ridiculous when we all should just be trying to help others lose the weight,not try and make a quick buck from it) posted by: tamarah1 (879 ) 10:09 am, Fri 30 Mar
its not competition when my plan is completely different and written all by me. i was just wondering, im sorry for being curious i actually do wonder what kind of plans people are selling to see whats out there and what people are doing to help others. i do think it is important though that people have nutrition experience before they start offering advice i wasnt trying to "attack you" at all. 11:43 am, Fri 30 Mar
No worries, No I dont see it as a competition either,just thought you had asked me as thought maybe some one else selling a plan had been bothering you as to be quite honest Im not sure we are all in this for the same reason.I agree,in any instance people should not be offering advise unless they have personal and reputable experience/knowledge.Its all good,the way I look at it,if it helps people to lose weight healthier it doesnt matter who they purchased it from.all good, have a good day posted by: tamarah1 (879 ) 12:34 pm, Fri 30 Mar
oh no not at all. keep up the good work :) 1:03 pm, Fri 30 Mar

Taramah's auction:
how are you qualified to sell this and give advice? thanks :) posted by: gucci_stylexx (402 ) 9:46 pm, Thu 29 Mar
I am unsure what is required to sell these plans on Trade Me,I dont make a profit-cost is for material for production only.I am a qualified registered nurse and have a PGDipSci studied human nutirition.But think that the most important thing is that I was obese for over 10 years so personally know the impact of being overweight and how difficult it was to get the excess off,there is nothing I disbise more then having a "forever slim" person try and advise how to lose weight. 10:05 am, Fri 30 Mar
At least Tamarah1 can actually NAME her qualification unlike gucci_stylex who resorts to blacklisting anyone with a response completely off topic.
______

scott_evil
Members

Post by scott_evil » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:08 am

this has been tried and proven by you Gary? posted by: mel-pak (97 ) 11:21 am, Fri 30 Mar
hi, yes it was worked for me 12:02 pm, Sat 31 Mar
hi there,is this like the green lane diet. cheers posted by: dproud (36 ) 8:07 am, Sat 31 Mar
yes it is 11:57 am, Sat 31 Mar
If anyone can find a URL for the GreenLane diet, it may pay to include it when you CW this auction.

I found this so far:
http://www.everydiet.org/greenlane_diet.htm
The Greenlane diet (also known as the British Heart Foundation Diet) is a poor fad diet that has been circulating for many years. Please note that the British Heart Foundation has nothing to do with this diet whatsoever.

The diet has circulated in the form of a one page sheet that claims you can lose 10 pounds in 3 days. The diet has been popular in the UK - but it's exact origins are unknown.
This diet is not recommended

Breakfast
5 'snax' biscuits (dry crackers)
1 slice of cheddar cheese
1 small apple

Lunch
1 boiled egg
1 slice of dry toast

Dinner
1 cup of tuna
1 cup of beetroot
1 cup of cauliflower