Dodgy diet plans ... the rest

Fake copies of Microsoft Office, operating systems, memory cards and flash drives, fake designer clothing... anything of that nature. At any given time TM offers thousands of fake itmes which breach their terms & conditions... and often do little about the problem. This is the place to discuss the issue.
scott_evil
Members

Post by scott_evil » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:03 am

35 and 36

georgep31
lose weight fast with this proven 3 day diet plan - up to 20kgs a month

works on a chemical breakdown with foods that cancel each other out

easy to use - comes with required grocery list and instructions for each day

use the buy now

FREE SHIPPING
yodalikepies (784 ) Address Verified Dec 2006 10 Mar 2007
georgep31 was the buyer
(#90795132)
thanks for the trade

jaydenjamie03
lose up to 5 kgs in 3 days!!!!!!
i did it and i still doing it and feel great
its proven to work!!!!

3days on this diet then 4 days eating normally as it works on chemical breakdown

grocery list that the foods are everyday food and are found at the super market

3 day easy meal plans

printed on A4 papper
yodalikepies (784 ) Address Verified Dec 2006 27 Feb 2007
jaydenjamie03 was the buyer
(#89058793)
thanks for the trade
THIS IS BEYOND A JOKE, there are several sellers reselling copies of this diet that yodalikepies is selling.
______

scott_evil
Members

Post by scott_evil » Tue May 08, 2007 8:45 am

37 - watch out for this one

after

Nineteen listings for:
Lose 40lbs in a month
42 positive feedbacks. 33 are from individual members, and count towards the final rating.
1 neutral feedbacks.
9 negative feedbacks. 7 are from individual members, and count towards the final rating.
What a fraud! There is no way you can possible lose 40lb in one month unless you cut off a limb.
______

Foggyone
Site Admin
First Name: Peter

I Like This One Better

Post by Foggyone » Tue May 08, 2007 9:15 am

Lose Up To 40lb In One Short Month

..... lose all your unwanted, unhealthy fat and excess weight easily, safely, quickly, naturally and without dieting and exercise.....

That sounds more like me!
Google, the answer to so many questions!
-----------------------------------------------------

seabird3
Members

Post by seabird3 » Tue May 08, 2007 6:07 pm

Far out 'after' alone, has got 18 listings for the Lose 40lbs diet.

40 ounces more likely!

Do I CW them as seller intends to defraud?

Have never been into the weight loss category before - what a horrible place it is, preying on vulnerable people. Maybe the sellers should have to post photos of themselves so we can see how good their diets actually are!

The use of 40lbs (a weight measurement that hasn't been used in NZ since the 70's) suggests that these diets are American rip offs, rather than their own personal research and writing.

scott_evil
Members

Post by scott_evil » Tue May 08, 2007 8:32 pm

This thread was started by me to address the alarming number of sellers selling diet plans. A year ago, there was a trader by the name of 'gjbthomas' (now disabled) who was making quite a bit of money from selling a highly unbalanced and dangerous diet plan called the Israeli Army Diet. The information he was selling was ripped from another source. He had 372 feedbacks before TradeMe disabled him, after the Commerce Commission was called to look into his listings for breaches of the Fair Trading Act.

When this thread started there were 15 known sellers, that number has now increased to 37+. Several of them sell on a regular basis and the revenue from their diet plans possibly make up their primary income. We are unable to establish whether or not they are selling their own information and if that information is nutritionally sound.

We asked TradeMe to look into the matter, but the response they gave us was that they would only remove listings which violated their ebook policy or were in breach of copyright. Sadly, they only remove them if the copyright holder makes an individual complaint.

Just recently, TradeMe created a "Weight Loss" category under Home & Living. All the better reason for TradeMe to keep receiving more success fees because now they have their own dedicated category.

Trader "after" has an atrocious feedback record and up until now has no feedbacks for selling. What is the likelihood that the seller will be just as bad at selling as they are for buying? The website foggyone posted was a site circumventing the sale of diet pills (a banned item on TradeMe). Could it be possible that the seller is actually selling information on how to obtain diet pills?
______

scott_evil
Members

Post by scott_evil » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:03 am

Back to gucci_stylex

Bad feedback posted on genesis_online:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Feedba ... ber=308132
gucci_stylexx (539 ) Address Verified Jan 2006 20 Jun 2007
genesis_online was the seller
Sold for $31.00
(#102652864)
IM SERIOUSLY ILL, I HAVE BEEN FOR A YEAR. I GO IN AND OUT OF HOSPITAL. I CONTACTED YOU ABOUT THIS AUCTION SEVERAL TIMES! CAN YOU PLEASE REPLY TO MY EMAILS SO WE CAN RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM!
For the diet she is selling to people, I'm not surprised to hear she is seriously ill. Perhaps borderline mentally too.
______

dobby
Members
First Name: Dobby

brandy4u is still going strong ...

Post by dobby » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:58 am

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Feedba ... ber=931003

tmurray1 (17 ) 24 Jul 2007 brandy4u was the seller Sold for $91.00 (#108631868)

This trader publicly posted comments on this auction telling me to stop bidding and offered a buy now price of $30 because she felt bad about how much people were prepared to pay for the diet, she then decided to reneg on this offer and wanted $90. She also only puts buy now for $30 offers on some of her auctions for this product so please dont be fooled into paying more than this. Bad trader

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =108631868
Seller Comment:
BUY NOWS FOR $30 PLEASE DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY BY BIDDING! I FEEL BAD SEEING HOW MUCH SOME PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO PAY WHEN THIS CAN JUST BE BOUGHT FOR $30! 8:02 pm, Tue 17 Jul

Seller Comment: PLEASE STOP BIDDING AND JUST BUY NOW FOR $30!!!!! 10:27 pm, Tue 17 Jul

Hi there, at the moment im leading the bid for this auction and my partner has just pointed out your buy now option below, can we please forfeit this bid so i can purchase it for $30. Thankyou posted by: tmurray1 (17 ) 3:13 pm, Wed 18 Jul
Idealism increases in direct proportion to your distance from the problem.

scott_evil
Members

Post by scott_evil » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:38 am

tmurray1 = complete idiot, that's a ridiculous amount of money to spend on a few pieces of photocopied paper.

Either way, this would never have happened if TradeMe did the right thing and banned these plaigarised diet plans, many of which are not nutritionally balanced or safe.
______

scott_evil
Members

Post by scott_evil » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:18 am

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listin ... ber=419888

Davetga is back selling his (or should I say somebody else's) diet plans. They close in over an hour and people have placed bids.

Anyone want to CW, its worth a shot.
______

scott_evil
Members

Post by scott_evil » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:13 am

davetga (229 ) Address Verified Jun 2006

This membership has been disabled.
______

chinaqt
Members

Post by chinaqt » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:05 pm

Yes but how long before he's back!

jou-almal-idiote
Members

Post by jou-almal-idiote » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:36 am

I have a few queries for you "honest" traders.

You say that you are out to keep trade me a great honest place for traders? Correct?

Are you aware that you are breaking the law by making defamatory statements about people on this website?

You are also slagging down the website trade me all over your website.. If you all supposedly love being honest traders and enjoy using trade me so much why do you feel the need to illegally slag trade me down in writting?

Are you aware that if you happened to make defamatory statements about the wrong person / company that they are in their rights to take you to court and sue you for thousands of dollars in damages?

How do you know that the chick mentioned above is not qualified? And not a chef? not a model? & not sick? You dont do you? There are several people on trade me who are what people call "jack of many trades" what gives you proof that these people arent? What gives you the right to make personal attacks at someones personal and health related situation? You have no right to do that nor do they to you.

Your scraping the bottom of the barrel attacking peoples personal situations. What does it have to do with theyre trading on trade me?

Another thing i feel i should bring up is.. You are trying to bust that chick for several things, including selling fake perfumes?? The link of "proof" you provided is infact for a necklace? Whats that got to do with perfume? The auction title was "$1RES AUTH CLASSY WHITE GOLD & CZ DIOR NECKLACE!!" & How are you to know it was fake? Dior have several ranges including costume jewellery which is a more affordable version of the infamous diamond pieces.

So you accuse people of stuff and say you have proof... Yet you have absolutely no substance to your claims at all?!

You all being trade me do gooders... Im sure you are aware that there are several dishonest buyers on the website too which feel the need to hand out willy nilly negative feedbacks.. So feedback is not neccesarily proof is it?

I thought this website was to be used for a genuine purpose.. I.e stopping huge phishing scams etc? Yet everything i have come accross is just blatant bitching about anyone you feel you can attack, even if the proof isnt there.

I am passing this websites details on to a friend of mine at trade me and also a barrister friend of mine, i am sure trade me will be very interested in your illegal statements about theyre website.

If you were truely genuinely out to do good you would know better then making personal attacks at people & making statements with no substance. & If your supposedly trying to help the trade me community out why are trade me not working with you?

If you were also running a legitimate service you would also give the people you are accusing of doing such things the fair opportunity to respond.

I suggest you people go and look your laws & rights because someone will take this complaint seriously.

And one more question..

If you are so proud of your honest service, why is it that the founders and co founders details are not available?

And what i find the most amusing about all this is the user ALEXFF1 who was harrasing this trader has been banned from trade me along with CHINAQT aswell.

My proof.. says alot more then yours. So if that chick above is such a bad trader, then how come she hasnt been disabled?

Some food for thought huh?

digidog
Site Admin
First Name: Alfie

Post by digidog » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:11 am

Hello idiote and welcome to ScamBusters.

We don't often get new members who come out swinging like you, and
I wonder what we've done to upset you. Have we busted a scam you
were running? How else can you explain your bad attitude?

I take it you've read through all 50,000 posts on this site already so I
won't direct you to some of the bigger scams we've uncovered and
stopped, nor the many victims we've assisted to date.

Your knowledge of defamation law is pretty rudimentary judging by
your post above. We're quite proudly a "name and shame" site but we're
careful not to post statements that can't be backed up by facts. I'm sure
your lawyer friend will be able to put you straight in this regard.

By all means report the existence of these forums to your "friend" at trade
me. You may be interested to learn that TM visit these forums several
times a day and often take action to withdraw scam auctions which they
read about here. In fact we've had a couple of months where TradeMe
was the biggest user of this site in terms of visits per month.
Idiote wrote:If your supposedly trying to help the trade me community out why are
trade me not working with you?

This is explained on our website, but basically we're TM's only public
critic. No other group records the extent of scams on TradeMe. We're
proud of that but TM would very much like to see us closed down.

Yes... three of our members were disabled by TM for warning others of
scams. That was part of a TM initiative to kill us off, but it's backfired on
them badly and made them look profoundly stupid.

Your username is interesting and I suspect that we've mentioned you
in previous posts under another name. I hope you don't mind that I
abbreviate it to "Idiote"? It seems so appropriate somehow.

Have a nice day.

Foggyone
Site Admin
First Name: Peter

jou-almal-idiote

Post by Foggyone » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:05 am

Here's a query for you. Can you figure out why this is a sure fire scam? The proof is on the page!

Trade & Exchange

Now here's another. It's a bit harder, you need to take the brain out of neutral, and a clue is kutvclassifieds

Sellmefree

Still can't work it out?? Try here.

Plenty to learn here.

Remember...
"Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an
open one."

Malcolm Forbes
Google, the answer to so many questions!
-----------------------------------------------------

scott_evil
Members

Post by scott_evil » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:50 am

jou-almal-idiote ?? (is that Latin for something)

TradeMe are already aware of this website. We know this for a fact as several of their staff browse our forums. While very few of them have actually contributed to the discussions we know they are there because many auctions have been shut down at the same time they were logged in on here. All auctions withdrawn were in some ways were suspicious, whether it was illegal to sell or had intent to defraud.

Everyone does have a right to respond on here, it is their perogative whether they choose to or not. If they really felt we were wrong, they are more than welcome to come here and speak on their own behalf provided it complies with the site rules. As you are constantly going on about "proof" perhaps you need to hear the "proof" from both parties before you start making unfounded judgements.

We don't generally get a lot of people unhappy with what we do. In this case, I am going to assume you are a person who just doesn't like us because you have had you name publicised on ScamBusters for something that we brought up as suspicious. Perhaps you would like to elaborate on this and we could come to understand just what your main issue is with Scambusters.
______