How to spot a fake GHD straightener

Fake copies of Microsoft Office, operating systems, memory cards and flash drives, fake designer clothing... anything of that nature. At any given time TM offers thousands of fake itmes which breach their terms & conditions... and often do little about the problem. This is the place to discuss the issue.
ionet
Members

Post by ionet » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:26 am

_

They obviously dont want to be found, but providing false Domain ctc info might be grounds for complaint to their Domain Registrar to have their Domain cancelled, if it is likely to cause bother to other innocent parties which is possible

M
Ultimate Auction Security: Kick 'em in the pants & sweep them under the carpet fast before anyone sees & hope they go away.

NZ Websites
Members
First Name: Bruce

And their domain host....

Post by NZ Websites » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:29 am

Their registrar is:
Registrar Name Domain Agent
Registrar Address1 PO Box 302829
Registrar Address2 North Harbour
Registrar City Auckland
Registrar Country NZ (NEW ZEALAND)
Registrar Phone +64 9 477 0055
Registrar Fax +64 9 475 5976
Registrar Email dns@domainagent.co.nz
Host details
Ns Name 01 ns1.hostmonster.com
Resolves to:
HostMonster.Com POWERFUL WEB HOSTING - 1500 GB Disc - 15 000 GB Transfer
HostMonster.com INC
1215 North Research Way Suite Q 3500
HOST UNLIMITED DOMAINS FREE
Hosting Accounts starting at ONLY 6.95 per month -
Orem Utah 84097
United States
Phone: 1.8017659400
Fax..: 1.8017651992
Email: support@hostmonster.com
Visit us for Low-Cost and Free website hosting, at www.webhostdirect.co.nz

ionet
Members

Post by ionet » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:39 am

_

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/Mess ... d=32909103
What do you do if you've been ripped off??

1. What do you do if you've been ripped off??

Bought an item on a website. It showed up exactly like the photos on the site. Turned it on it worked. Went to turn it back on and it doesn;t work anymore. Tried to register it on the official website and nothing! Rang up the official website and they advised the website that i bought the item off is a fake. Not too sure what to do now??

3. yes it was sold to me as a genuine product.

I have the persons bank account details if that is going to help at all. Am so angry at the moment.

7. Have contacted the genuine website

and they were the ones that had informed me that the website i bought these off were a fake website. Apparently their lawyers are trying to get the site shut down. I really do want to catch them and just GRRRRR.......

14. Was it GHD's?

16. yeh it was

19. you know what the funniest thing is

a friend of mine bought from the same website and all and when she got hers she didn't have a problem. I am thinking i might just have to suck this one up and move on.

23. nicehair.co.nz

40. Its an individual one

the name is F ANG with an ANZ bank account

A bank account & the name of the Scamming Yobs who ripped off Hunta131 would be interesting

Perhaps they are the same ones who have ripped off others here ? :shock:

M
Ultimate Auction Security: Kick 'em in the pants & sweep them under the carpet fast before anyone sees & hope they go away.

ionet
Members

Post by ionet » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:13 am

_

Scam GHD Site "NiceHair" Bank Details:

F ANG

BANK: ANZ

01-0183-0207521-00

M

ionet
Members

Post by ionet » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:34 am

_

Here is the Same Scammer:

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?Fo ... &page_no=5

10 July 2008:
Your order #184 history

Your order has been placed successfully, and will be shipped as soon as payment is received.

Please note that you have selected to pay by bank wire. Please send your wire to :

YISHENG
ANZ Bank Mt Roskill,Auckland,New Zealand
ACCOUNT NO:01-0183-0207521-00

(pls put the order number AND your name as reference when you deposit the payment)

IBAN : an-zb-nz22
BIC : ANZBNZ22

You can review this order and download your invoice from the "Order history" section of your account by clicking "My account" on our Website.

Thank you for shopping at i-Store.

NiceHair site uses the same text on it's shopping basket settlement info

More from Geekzone - again on GHD's:

Sorry to keep on posting, but the domain information for the www.savingmall.co.nz site (which has now been taken down, but accessibile from google cache) is as follows. guess it worth trying to get in touch with these guys as well...

query_datetime: 2008-07-10T17:17:27+12:00
domain_name: savingmall.co.nz
query_status: 200 Active
domain_dateregistered: 2008-02-26T09:10:42+13:00
domain_datebilleduntil: 2008-07-26T09:10:42+12:00
domain_datelastmodified: 2008-06-26T23:30:32+12:00
domain_delegaterequested: yes
%
registrar_name: WorldNet Ltd
registrar_address1: P.O.Box 8591 Symonds St
registrar_city: Auckland
registrar_country: NZ (NEW ZEALAND)
registrar_phone: +64 9 3099004
registrar_fax: +64 9 3099811
registrar_email: info@world-net.co.nz
%
registrant_contact_name: Defu Huang
registrant_contact_address1: 3 Catton Cres
registrant_contact_address2: Mt Roskill
registrant_contact_city: Auckland
registrant_contact_country: NZ (NEW ZEALAND)
registrant_contact_phone: +64 9 6262628
registrant_contact_fax: +64 9 6262628
registrant_contact_email: fuston168@hotmail.com

[EDIT] When i called the number above it was answered by a boy, who said that Defu didn't live there. Couldn't really get anything else from him.

It is obviously all a big scam. If you search for Defu Huang you get this: http://www.tootoo.com/show/78952/produc ... gh_quality

Which links to http://www.brandszoon.com/

While the email address for the i-store domain is brandszoon [at] hotmail.com

Guess it's down to Rodney Wayne to spend more money for what will be a real ghd...

Lesson learnt!
The saga continues.

After emailing again yesterday, and saying the police would be involved if i didnt get an immediate reply - i got one last night.

From the link (if its correct) it appears it is coming from another country!! I am sure that IF anything ever arrives, it will not be genuine!

Sent: Thursday, 10 July 2008 22:44
To: A
Subject: Re: FW: [i-Store] Shipping

Hi there

The GHD straighter has been sent couple days ago.The tracking number is EA934497133CN ,pls check them on web http://www.nzpost.co.nz/Cultures/en-NZ/ ... kAndTrace/ .Thank for your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.
If you have any further questions or if I can be of any further help please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards

i-store Support
DONT buy from www.i-store.co.nz My wife bought a GHD straightener from them which was totally dodgy. It was sold as new, unopened, unused and genuine. It was none of those things. The box arrived with no security seals and was a bit tattered, the instruction DVD was 'missing', the product could NOT be registered online (a fake verification code on the product) and is not genuine. Worse, the product has obviously been used! The casing has burn marks on it!! It looks like the ceramic straightening plates have been removed and replaced. A double whammy fruadster. USED and FAKE product pawned off as NEW and GENUINE. We couldn't find anything on the company either before buying and took a shot at saving $150. They've gone to a lot of effort with this site. You receive all the usual order received/dispatched emails etc. My wife even spoke to the guy on the phone. Thank god we used a direct bank deposit and not a credit card. Geekzoners be warned!
I have also bought a GHD from this site, as has my flatmate. STUPID STUPID STUPID definite lesson learnt!
But my flatmate has called the bank and they said there is a chance of recovering funds if you were to go to Police as we have account details, I have an 'invoice'.
I am in the same boat... got a lot of emails prior to purchase answering my questions... but have had none since. I emailed this morning about involving police if i didn't hear back, and then read the post above (thanks for putting that up!), so hopefully ours might get posted from wherever it is they are coming from...? It all seems so obvious now!
We received our used, fake straightener from www.i-store.co.nz this morning. i'm just venting now:) Thought there was something odd about their 10 day delivery times. funny thing is though, I switched it on and it heated up really fast, just like a genuine GHD. I even suspect it might be a repaired product. As mentioned, there are signs the ceramic plates have been replaced, which makes no sense. Perhaps it is a genuine USED product that has been registered before and that's why the online registration won't recognise it??? Whatever it is, it's SH*T compared to what they promised it would be.

It looks like the same bunch of Scammers for both sites using the same ANZ bank account

M

ionet
Members

Post by ionet » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:39 am

_

i-store.co.nz Domain Registration info:

domain name: i-store.co.nz
domain date registered: 2008-06-12
domain datebilleduntil: 2009-06-12
domain datelastmodified: 2008-07-13
domain delegate requested: yes

registrar name: Domain Agent
registrar address1: PO Box 302829
registrar address2: North Harbour
registrar city: Auckland
registrar country: NZ (NEW ZEALAND)
registrar phone: +64 9 477 0055
registrar fax: +64 9 475 5976
registrar email: dns@domainagent.co.nz

registrant contact_name: yi fang
registrant contact address1: 11 Hillary Court Naenae
registrant contact city: Wellington
registrant contact country: NZ (NEW ZEALAND)
registrant contact phone: +64 4 8890698
registrant contact email: istore.nz@gmail.com

admin contact name: Kate Newman
admin contact address1: 11 Hillary Court Naenae
admin contact city: Wellington
admin contact country: NZ (NEW ZEALAND)
admin contact phone: +64 4 8890698
admin contact email: istore.nz@gmail.com

ns_name_01: ns1.nameserver.net.nz
ns_name_02: ns2.nameserver.net.nz

Site referred to in Geekzone thread

M

decoder
Members

Post by decoder » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:12 am

Nicehair.co.nz has been reported to the www.ripoffreport.com web site - see

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/4 ... 420786.htm

According to that report, the buying facility has been turned off on nicehair.co.nz

kai5
Members

i have been ripped off

Post by kai5 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:45 pm

Hi

i have also bought a ghd from Nicehair.com on 6 of Feb.. Still nothing has turned up and the site is closed on 8th Feb. it is such a shame i did not find this website prior to purchase.

I have also payied into same bank a/c #01-0183-0207521-000
Name of A/c: F.ANG
Bank: ANZ BANK NEW ZEALAND

i tried to complain to the ANZ bank and they asked me to get a police report. I have spoke to my bank manager who is trying to reverse the payment see how it goes. then i will take it to Police coz i paied these ppl $222. and it is hard earned money.

I have been emailing: nicehair.ltd@gmail.com everyday they are not replying to me..

If someone had any luck with geting money bank please let me know and i am happy to make a joint complaint to Police or someone to get my money back..

I am very sad and upset with myself this is my first n last purchare online.

kai5
Members

Post by kai5 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:06 am

hi

i spoke to commerce commission today to make a complaint they said if every one calls and make a complaint they take this guys to court. their number is 0800943600. they also informed me that they know about nicehair.co.nz site and they have not taken any action as they did not receive enough complaints.

if you guys all do it if paied them and did not receive products or if have received fake or conterfiet products they will take them to the court under fair trading act.

so please i request you take some time to call them.

thanks
Kai

kai5
Members

Re: GHD Styler Scam

Post by kai5 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:10 am

JoBoz wrote:Looks like i've been sucked into this scam too. Got back from my vacation last night to find the styler arrived. went on to the offical GHD website to register it to be advised it is not a legitimate no.

I have sent an email to ghdsytlernz@gmail.com which bounced back. the website is no longer active - very frustrating. Has anyone successful contacted these scammers?
hi

i spoke to commerce commission today to make a complaint they said if every one calls and make a complaint they take this guys to court. their number is 0800943600. they also informed me that they know about nicehair.co.nz site and they have not taken any action as they did not receive enough complaints.

if you guys all do it if paied them and did not receive products or if have received fake or conterfiet products they will take them to the court under fair trading act.

thanks
Kai

kai5
Members

Post by kai5 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:11 am

digidog wrote:Hi JoBoz and welcome to ScamBusters. This lot appear to be rather
slippery to put it mildly. While the Commerce Commission have decided
not to investigate them, I think we have enough victims to pursue this
matter. If the CC won't look at this then maybe Fair Go will be interested.
hi

thanks
Kai

digidog
Site Admin
First Name: Alfie

Post by digidog » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:26 am

The advice Kai has given is spot on. If you've bought goods from these
people, call...

0800 943 600

and register your complaint. Do it now if you can.

ollygurl
Members

Post by ollygurl » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:20 am

Hi guys was wondering if anyone ahd heard of this website before? i have read this all and fully understand bascilly dont by a ghd unless its from a ghd retailer but i wanted to know if anyone has seen this site and knows if it is fake and should do something about it?

thanks,

www.hairdress.co.nz

ionet
Members

Post by ionet » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:25 am

_

It seems to be another one selling fake GHD's

You'll see hairdress.co.nz site is covered in the "nicehair.co.nz" separate thread under:

http://scambusters.co.nz/forum/viewtopi ... 8&start=15

Unfortunately Google appear to be running hairdress.co.nz in their promos on the right, so it is possible another bundle of unwary buyers will get caught out & scammed by the new HAIRDRESS site passing off fakes, until it can be knocked off the web.

M

digidog
Site Admin
First Name: Alfie

Post by digidog » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:50 am

Where is the Commerce Commission when they're needed?