Nicehair.co.nz Counterfiet GHD's

Fake copies of Microsoft Office, operating systems, memory cards and flash drives, fake designer clothing... anything of that nature. At any given time TM offers thousands of fake itmes which breach their terms & conditions... and often do little about the problem. This is the place to discuss the issue.
emmylou09
Members

Nicehair.co.nz Counterfiet GHD's

Post by emmylou09 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:46 am

Hello fellow scambusters

Man I wish I had known about this site before I just got scammed by the site nicehair.co.nz - it's been mentioned previously in the "How to spot a fake GHD" and while I know I probably should be just adding to that post I feel so strongly about this that it needs its own topic :)

So I fell for the too good to be true prices this site IS (its still active) offering, and so after ALOT of consideration I purchased the Purple Gift Set GHD - 10 days later it arrived, ecstatic I opened it with abandon and threw out my packing slip, but I do remember the only bit in English was my address, the rest was in Asian characters.

Then I start telling all my friends about my new GHD and someone had to burst my innocent little bubble and suggest these could be and most likely were fakes.

So after someresearch and looking at this site

http://www.ghdrepairs.com/Fake-GHD-Alert.php

and these videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lmKZvcyShw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NL4K-hsgTo

.... realisation starts to dawn, "My god I've fallen for a dud" :( then anger "I want my $259 back", then denial "They look so real - they can't be - maybe they're seconds.."

In the end I pulled them apart and compared them with a real one pulled apart (pic online) and THEY ARE FULLY FAKE on the inside. The outside, the packaging, the case they came in, even the DVD look as real as "the real thing" but the electronics speak for themselves, they look so cheap.

Now I know I'm not the only one but I'm doing my best to try and make sure there are no more people to fall victim to this elaborate scam.

I've emailed Commerce Commission, Consumer Affairs (and rung them) - no response yet.

I've rung my bank and the bank I deposited the money into (same one on the other topic - F. ANG ANZ account - and its come to this after getting advice from as many sources as possible.

- I most likely won't get my money back if I go through the banks (at a $50 fee to process the claim and you don't get that back if its not successful - I'm not even going to bother).

- Have been advised to go to the NZ Police and lay a Fraud Complaint or Charge - but I'm not sure yet, I live in small town Lake Tekapo in Canterbury so don't think I can or wouldn't know how to.

So finally - Is there anyone else that has taken the final step and gone to the police and If you have, whats the outcome so far, and Has anyone got their money back yet?

I think I've lost hope of getting my money back they aren't answering any of the 6 e-mails I've sent them.

Thanks for reading my GIANT spiel.

Cheers

Lou

Foggyone
Site Admin
First Name: Peter

Nicehair

Post by Foggyone » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:50 pm

Site looks very familiar.
registrant_contact_name: nicehair salon
registrant_contact_address1: P O Box 40**
registrant_contact_city: Hamilton
registrant_contact_country: NZ (NEW ZEALAND)
registrant_contact_phone: 64 7 *******
registrant_contact_email: nicehair.ltd@gmail.com
No result from Companies Office to a search for "Nicehair" or "Nice Hair".

The phone numbers do not align, and it's possible the registration for Nicehair is fake.

* NOTE: details removed by admin
This is a fake address and phone number.
Google, the answer to so many questions!
-----------------------------------------------------

emmylou09
Members

Post by emmylou09 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:32 am

Tried to ring the first phone number - went to a fax

Rung the second number the Stuart Bailey and managed to get him on the phone, but he claims to have nothing to do with any company selling fake GHD hair straighteners, or am i reading your post wrong.

How did you get that second piece of info and how is it in relation to the website - sorry rather new to all this.

Cheers

Lou

Foggyone
Site Admin
First Name: Peter

How

Post by Foggyone » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:54 am

1. First piece of info is from Whois record. www.samspade.org

2. Searched on Box number revealed using Google.

3. From info revealed searched Companies Office records for the company revealed www.companies.govt.nz/cms

As I noted in my post info in the whois record may be false. We have seen this already in relation to GHD.
Google, the answer to so many questions!
-----------------------------------------------------

emmylou09
Members

Post by emmylou09 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:09 am

hey is this the same peopled that ran the 1-Store scam, looks like same bank account number

emmylou09
Members

Post by emmylou09 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:26 am

Hey

Just rung this Stuart guy and he isn't caught up in it, he's a private investigator, and looks like hes now caught up in this cuz the scammers have used his P O box number for the domain name, anyway just a note to admin, might want to take down his company details cuz he's deffinitely not the person and don't want to be putting an honest business name up on the site.

Cheers

Lou

dobby
Members
First Name: Dobby

Random thought ...

Post by dobby » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:12 am

Is it possible that from the end of the month GHD could use Section 92A
of the Copyright (New Technologies) Amendment Act to have the host ISP
shut this sight down? They could claim copyright on the product photos.

Although it won't help Lou to get her money back, it could help in
preventing these rip off artists from scamming others.

Could be another angle worth pursuing ... thoughts ??
Idealism increases in direct proportion to your distance from the problem.

ionet
Members

Post by ionet » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:58 am

_

Yeah - It looks like all the contact info for Nicehair.co.nz appears to be fake from when we looked at it earlier

See 2/3 way down Page 14 to Page 15 of the GHD Thread:

http://scambusters.co.nz/forum/viewtopi ... &start=195

There are other domains & a Bank account trace which may help lead back to the people behind the domain name in the same thread above

M
Ultimate Auction Security: Kick 'em in the pants & sweep them under the carpet fast before anyone sees & hope they go away.

emmylou09
Members

Post by emmylou09 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:18 am

Oh my god this is laughable look at this reply e-mail I got today.

Seriously....SHOES!!!!!

Hi there
Sorry for the delay.
Your complain is processing,pls take a photo of the shoes you have received and show

us.Notice us your order number then we will arrange refund asap.You will have 3 options as below:
Full refund
Partly refund
Exchange (more information pls view CONDITIONS on our web)
Sorry for any inconvenience that is caused.
If you have any further questions or if I can be of any further help please do not hesitate

to contact me.

Best regards

Alice

Nicehair.Ltd Customer Service

www.nicehair.co.nz

ionet
Members

Post by ionet » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:04 am

_

Nicehair.Ltd

There is no such registered Company on NZ Companies Register:

www.companies.govt.nz

M
Ultimate Auction Security: Kick 'em in the pants & sweep them under the carpet fast before anyone sees & hope they go away.

kai5
Members

Post by kai5 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:41 pm

Hi

i have also bought a ghd from Nicehair.com on 6 of Feb.. Still nothing has turned up and the site is closed on 8th Feb. it is such a shame i did not find this website prior to purchase.

I have also payied into same bank a/c #01-0183-0207521-000
Name of A/c: F.ANG
Bank: ANZ BANK NEW ZEALAND

i tried to complain to the ANZ bank and they asked me to get a police report. I have spoke to my bank manager who is trying to reverse the payment see how it goes. then i will take it to Police coz i paied these ppl $222. and it is hard earned money.

I have been emailing: nicehair.ltd@gmail.com everyday they are not replying to me..

If someone had any luck with geting money bank please let me know and i am happy to make a joint complaint to Police or someone to get my money back..

I am very sad and upset with myself this is my first n last purchare online.

ionet wrote:_

Yeah - It looks like all the contact info for Nicehair.co.nz appears to be fake from when we looked at it earlier

See 2/3 way down Page 14 to Page 15 of the GHD Thread:

http://scambusters.co.nz/forum/viewtopi ... &start=195

There are other domains & a Bank account trace which may help lead back to the people behind the domain name in the same thread above

M

emmylou09
Members

Hey

Post by emmylou09 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:09 am

Hey man

Ouch that hurts

Just alerting everyone turnes out nicehair.co.nz has lauched a new fake ghd website HAIRDRESS.CO.NZ.

And as update on the refund front, I have gotten $119 of my money back and the $140 is meant to be coming - according to the e-mails, I just hounded and hounded and hounded these guys and got as much evidence on them as I could, saved an offline copy of the website, and a hard copy - which i'm sending a copy of to ghd new zealand.

I would be more than happy to make a joint complaint to the police. I live in Lake Tekapo and everytime I go to see my local cop hes never home so as of yet I haven't been able to start the process but the Timaru Police are aware I want to make a complaint but I have to do the paperwork - annoying I can't and I still want to - so if you are able to get to a police station and make a complaint I am MORE THAN HAPPY to be added to it.

Sorry you got ripped off as well.

Regards,

Louise

BUYER BEWARE - fake ghd site www.hairdress.co.nz.

emmylou09
Members

The new information used for hairdress.co.nz

Post by emmylou09 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:15 am

Doamin registered to:

version: 1.23.0
query_datetime: 2009-02-16T15: 10: 0513: 00
domain_name: hairdress.co.nz
query_status: 200 Active
domain_dateregistered: 2009-01-30T19: 00: 0113: 00
domain_datebilleduntil: 2010-01-30T19: 00: 0113: 00
domain_datelastmodified: 2009-01-31T19: 19: 4113: 00
domain_delegaterequested: yes
registrar_name: Aust Domains
registrar_address1: PO BOX 3554
registrar_address2: East Street Georges Tce
registrar_city: Perth
registrar_province: WA
registrar_postalcode: 6922
registrar_country: AU (AUSTRALIA)
registrar_phone: 61 8 9445 1030
registrar_fax: 61 8 6210 1656
registrar_email: help@austdomains.com.au

registrant_contact_name: Hairdress Salon
registrant_contact_address1: Po Box 12122 Low Hutt
registrant_contact_city: Wellington
registrant_contact_province: Wellington
registrant_contact_postalcode: 6017
registrant_contact_country: NZ (NEW ZEALAND)
registrant_contact_phone: 64 46 328359
registrant_contact_fax: 64 46
registrant_contact_email: kiwihairdress@gmail.com

Again this is fake information they have supplied.

No such company hairdress salon on the new zealand companies register.

kai5
Members

Re: Hey

Post by kai5 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:03 am

emmylou09 wrote:Hey man

Ouch that hurts

Just alerting everyone turnes out nicehair.co.nz has lauched a new fake ghd website HAIRDRESS.CO.NZ.

And as update on the refund front, I have gotten $119 of my money back and the $140 is meant to be coming - according to the e-mails, I just hounded and hounded and hounded these guys and got as much evidence on them as I could, saved an offline copy of the website, and a hard copy - which i'm sending a copy of to ghd new zealand.

I would be more than happy to make a joint complaint to the police. I live in Lake Tekapo and everytime I go to see my local cop hes never home so as of yet I haven't been able to start the process but the Timaru Police are aware I want to make a complaint but I have to do the paperwork - annoying I can't and I still want to - so if you are able to get to a police station and make a complaint I am MORE THAN HAPPY to be added to it.

Sorry you got ripped off as well.

Regards,

Louise

BUYER BEWARE - fake ghd site www.hairdress.co.nz.

hi

i have been emailing everyday but the nicehair is not replying how did u manage to get the money back. i want my money back i have actually went and made a police complaint today they said it will take over a week for them to give me a complaint number. please tell me how to get money back.

thanks
Kai

emmylou09
Members

Post by emmylou09 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:37 am

Hey Kai

I don't know what I did specifically to get my money back, I just let them know how hard I was working to make sure they got caught, told them they would not get away with it, stated my rights LEGALLY and what laws they were in breach of, and the fines they could face if caught, I totally just stated my rights sent emails twice each day, gave them 5 working days to respnd or I would take to police, then let them know it was with police, told them I had all the details I needed to process a complaint on them.

I think I may just be lucky, but good luck hun, all I can say is just keep on their backs.

Cheers

Louise