Watches - Tissot, are they fake??

Fake copies of Microsoft Office, operating systems, memory cards and flash drives, fake designer clothing... anything of that nature. At any given time TM offers thousands of fake itmes which breach their terms & conditions... and often do little about the problem. This is the place to discuss the issue.
bikeworld
Members
First Name: Ed

Watches - Tissot, are they fake??

Post by bikeworld » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:22 pm

I have noticed there is a seller selling a number of tissot watches mostly the prc 200 series at a very reduced price. below is a sample link

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Jewellery-watc ... 833981.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the seller is nanito and i was wondering if anyone had bought from him before, are the watches genuine?? i have asked some questions on his sales about the watch serial number and the warranty and purchase certificates but still waiting an answer. They seem pretty expensive for a fake consideing the prc can sell for 750-850 in an authorised dealer (not the $1095 that he mentions).

let me know if you have come across this dealer before

digidog
Site Admin
First Name: Alfie

Post by digidog » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:27 am

Hi Ed and welcome to ScamBusters. I won't pretend to know anything about watches,
but we do have some experts here who should be able to help you in the near future.
In the meantime here's a couple of threads concerning the sale of Tissot watches on TM.

http://scambusters.co.nz/forum/viewtopi ... 29&p=70597" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://scambusters.co.nz/forum/viewtopi ... 17&p=69733" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
[color=white].[/color]

Tempus
Members

Re: Watches - Tissot, are they fake??

Post by Tempus » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:40 am

The policy from the official Tissot distributors is,if the guarantee is not stamped by an AUTHORISED,RECOGNISED,Tissot retailer,it can be assumed to be a fake. They will not cover the guarantee on any of these dodgy watches. The movements are real enough,they are obtainable as a spare part,but it seems that they are being made by underworld types with false cases,dials etc,as well as fake packaging and documentation. After all if they can be sold here at less than the importers landed cost then they can hardly be genuine,even if they provide no backup,pay no GST/Duty,have no warranty/parts etc. So it is a case of buyer beware,if you want to support the organised crime groups that make these,and the smugglers who distribute them go ahead,the watch may go well,but if not no-one will want to know about it.

bikeworld
Members
First Name: Ed

Post by bikeworld » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:10 am

thanks for the info...

just wondering also if he is just onselling replica watches from a site like this:

http://www.replicafind.com/tissot-repli ... 86-52.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

At least this website is honest about being replicas but just wondering if the sellers on trademe just use the word "genuine" instead of "replica" to sell their stuff

digidog
Site Admin

Post by digidog » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:34 am

bikeworld wrote:... just wondering if the sellers on trademe just use the word "genuine" instead of
"replica" to sell their stuff
There are hundreds of unscrupulous traders on TM who lie and cheat to get good prices
for fake products. Take a look at the art area. While there used to be lots of genuine kiwi
artists there it's been overtaken by people passing off Asian factory art as New Zealand
originals. They make up artists' names, invent locations... the list goes on. There used to
be a "NZ Art" section but TM got tired of policing it and instead of throwing the scam
artists off their site just made it easier for them.

TM really is a "buyer beware" place to shop these days.
[color=white].[/color]

angry
Members

Re:

Post by angry » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:48 pm

digidog wrote:
bikeworld wrote:... ju
There are hundreds of unscrupulous traders on TM who lie and cheat

TM really is a "buyer beware" place to shop these days.
This has been my position for several years, you were a lot more positive and even protective of them for a while, before they disabled foggy.
:smt065

digidog
Site Admin

Post by digidog » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:45 pm

You are quite incorrect, Mr. Angry. It is only in recent times, since Chris Budge took over the
security role at TM that I have praised some of the measures that he has put in place which
are effective and which have reduced the number of scams on the site. Any reasonable person
would surely do the same?

If you bother to read through the older threads on these forums you'll find that I was extremely
critical of TM before and after foggyone was disabled. But there is a world of difference between
valid criticism of TM's site security and merely having a chip on your shoulder. The latter must
weigh heavily sometimes.
[color=white].[/color]

angry
Members

Re:

Post by angry » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:36 am

digidog wrote: The latter must
weigh heavily sometimes.
It is your incorrect oppinion that it exists.

The lepoard hasnt changed its spots, its just got a different flea scratcher who chases different groups of fleas to the last one. :smt102

If there was any real change this thread would not exist, nor would viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5903" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:smt065

magnum
Members
First Name: Dion

Marcio Anguisaca also known as James Garden

Post by magnum » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:29 am

The Neill Group - Licensed Private Investigators are currently investigating the activities of http://www.watches4kiwis.co.nz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This website claims to sell genuine Tissot watches, inquiries have confirmed the Tissot watches featured on this website are not original Tissot watches. This online business is operated by Marcio Anguisaca also known as James Garden of Marcio Hairdressers, Unit 17, 212 Antigua Street in Christchurch (email: JamesGarden@watch4Kiwis.co.nz)

The Neill Group would welcome correspondence from any person who has purchased Tissot watches from this website and have confirmed they are not genuine. The Neill Group expect to make a complaint to Police and the Commerce Commission within the next five days.

Please email: info@neillgroup.com or visit: http://www.neillgroup.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Complaint #2 (Ryan) states:

I bought the watch from James after asking whether I could send it back if I didnt think it was genuine to which he agreed. I received the watch and examined it closely comparing it to all the information online with fake PRC200 watches. The watch itself looked pretty good apart from some of the luminous markers not being put on straight (mainly at 6 o’clock) and the luminous markers not lining up perfectly with the tachymeter numbers. The most obvious flaw was with the box it came in. The white stripes down the side were not even or straight and there was excess glue in the area.

I emailed James back saying I thought it was fake and was there a possibility of swapping it for another one, but he just quickly emailed back and said to send the watch back for a refund (I think he new they were fake). I then had to argue to get the full amount refunded from him, I cant quite remember why, maybe was something to do with shipping costs?

I ended up buying a PRC200 from spws_limited on trademe and am very happy with it. The watch originally came from Singapore, it had the warranty card stamped by a place over there but obviously there is no warranty on it here not being from a genuine tissot dealer. I think these cheaper watches are from what they call the grey market – ie: genuine watches but not covered by any warranty from Tissot. There is pages and pages of information online about the model watch and all the copies.

From memory when I bought the watches, the one from James was about $475 and the one from spws_limited was about $550. At that time they were $800 at the Tissot dealers like Pascoes jewellers"

Original email with details available on request.

magnum
Members

Post by magnum » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:49 am

Yes, they are fake! Do not purchase
bikeworld wrote:I have noticed there is a seller selling a number of tissot watches mostly the prc 200 series at a very reduced price. below is a sample link

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Jewellery-watc ... 833981.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the seller is nanito and i was wondering if anyone had bought from him before, are the watches genuine?? i have asked some questions on his sales about the watch serial number and the warranty and purchase certificates but still waiting an answer. They seem pretty expensive for a fake consideing the prc can sell for 750-850 in an authorised dealer (not the $1095 that he mentions).

let me know if you have come across this dealer before

magnum
Members

Post by magnum » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:53 am

Here is the related Trade Me and Facebook pages for this individuual:

There is also a facebook page for watches4kiwis: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Watches4 ... 8662185556" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And on TradeMe, he goes by nanito: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listin ... er=3149370" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

magnum
Members

FAKE TISSOT SWISS MADE WATCHES - NEW ZEALAND

Post by magnum » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:12 pm

nanito the Trade Me Seller (or now former Trade Me seller) is Mr. Marcio Anguisaca also known as James Garden and James Gardner of Marcio Hairdressers, Unit 17, 212 Antigua Street in Christchurch (email: JamesGarden@watch4Kiwis.co.nz). Trading as: watches4kiwis

digidog
Site Admin

Post by digidog » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:17 pm

Hi Dion. I hope your posts produce some victims and note that this guy's TradeMe account has been closed since your
posts last night. All the best!
[color=white].[/color]

nanito
Members
First Name: James

Post by nanito » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:33 pm

Hi out there, I'm James Garden Director of http://www.watches4kiwis.co.nz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Those accusations are unvalid, malicious and false, New Zealand Distributor of Tissot have confirm our watches are fitted with original Swiss Made movements!

Gegards, James Garden

magnum
Members

Post by magnum » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:19 am

Marcio

I believe you are somewhat confused, the watch you sold me was examined on 10 July 2012 at 3pm. I received this today via email with a letter attached:

Received today (letter available via email to any interested parties), we are moving forward with further action:

Please find attached a letter relating to the watch you brought in on the 9th July. This is the form provided by Tissot Switzerland but obviously you have your watch back now. Switzerland have confirmed that it is counterfeit.

We are following up with Tissot Switzerland. They try to identify and close down the sources of these counterfeits and they are concerned about their brand's reputation.

Kind regards
Alistair Saywell
Service Manager
Griffiths McKay & Buckleigh
New Zealand's Premier Distributor of Watches & Accessories
20 Pretoria Street
Lower Hutt 5010
New Zealand
Ph: +64 (0)4 566 3788
Fax: +64 (0)4 566 2838