Watches - Tissot, are they fake??

Fake copies of Microsoft Office, operating systems, memory cards and flash drives, fake designer clothing... anything of that nature. At any given time TM offers thousands of fake itmes which breach their terms & conditions... and often do little about the problem. This is the place to discuss the issue.
magnum
Members
First Name: Dion

Re: Watches - Tissot, are they fake??

Post by magnum » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:50 am

bikeworld wrote:I have noticed there is a seller selling a number of tissot watches mostly the prc 200 series at a very reduced price. below is a sample link

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Jewellery-watc ... 833981.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the seller is nanito and i was wondering if anyone had bought from him before, are the watches genuine?? i have asked some questions on his sales about the watch serial number and the warranty and purchase certificates but still waiting an answer. They seem pretty expensive for a fake consideing the prc can sell for 750-850 in an authorised dealer (not the $1095 that he mentions).

let me know if you have come across this dealer before

Thats Marcio (James), you can view him online at http://www.watches4kiwis.co.nz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Read the associated threads on this website and your questions will be answered.

nanito
Members
First Name: James

Post by nanito » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:34 am

Hi there, My positive feedback on Trademe was 99.4% just 1 negative feedback it got to mean something :-)

Regards, James

magnum
Members

Commerce Commission Advisers Details

Post by magnum » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:10 am

Sarah Prestidge is the Commerce Commission Adviser relating to this matter, she can be contacted at:

44 The Terrace ‌| PO Box 2351 ‌| Wellington 6140 | New Zealand

Freephone 0800 94 36 00| Fax +64 4 924 3700 | Email: sarah.prestidge@comcom.govt.nz

neverdead
Members
First Name: Mike

Post by neverdead » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:59 am

Hi there,

I purchased a Tissot PRC200 off nanito / Marcio / James garden a couple of years ago now. I went to his premises on Antigua st to collect the watch. I paid about $450 for it. I took it to the jewellers today to have the battery replaced. The young man there stated it was fake based on the serial number.

UPDATE

I found James email address on this site and made contact. James responded and invited me to return the watch for a refund. In meeting with him he was quite upset, he feels he is too a victim made by his supplier. I got my money back and appreciative of that. James has done the right thing.

Mike

magnum
Members

Post by magnum » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:24 pm

Hello, my suggestion is that you contact:

Alistair Saywell
Service Manager
Griffiths McKay & Buckleigh
New Zealand's Premier Distributor of Watches & Accessories
20 Pretoria Street
Lower Hutt 5010
New Zealand
Ph: +64 (0)4 566 3788
Fax: +64 (0)4 566 2838

This company are the official and only New Zealand Tissot agents and distributors, they will examine and photograph the results. They can verify and send the results to Tissot in Switzerland who have also advised their legal representatives in New Zealand.

Contact the Commerce Commission (details on this thread) who will accept your complaint, complaint form available on line at the Commerce Commission website, complaint to the Police and finally, go to your local District Court - Small Claims, complete the form also available on line at the Ministry of Justice website. Write an accurate statement including copies of the transaction and any related communication to be used as evidence.

digidog
Site Admin
First Name: Alfie

Post by digidog » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:49 am

We've been alerted to another fake Tissot watch auction recently completed on TradeMe.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =497684916" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It appears the seller purchased the watch on TM a couple of weeks earlier from spw_limited who the seller describes as
"a highly credible retailer of fine watches with top trading history". However the official Tissot agent for NZ says:
The TISSOT warranty card in the picture shows that it has been signed and stamped by South Pacific Watch Sales who has frequent listings on Trade Me.

This is an attempt to represent themselves as an official TISSOT Agent or Dealer in New Zealand.

South Pacific Watch Sales are not an official dealer or Agent for TISSOT in any shape or form and it is an offence under the Consumer Guarantees Act to
deliberately or inadvertently mislead consumers.

As not sold by an official agent of TISSOT the manufacturer's warranty is invalid and should have been stated as such.

I presume Trade Me will take appropriate action.
TM must have paid attention... the spw_limited account turns up "There is no Trade Me member with that user name." which as we know is just
TM's current way of hiding dodgy traders and brushing scams under the carpet.

- Updated 28 July -
According to the Companies Office SPWS was registered in May 2011 and has just one sole director and shareholder: John Richardson from Albany.

http://www.coys.co.nz/company/?no=33800 ... ES+LIMITED" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tempus
Members

Post by Tempus » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:12 pm

The listing is for SPWS not SPW,and they are still listing a lot of dubious watches.

digidog
Site Admin

Post by digidog » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:03 am

Thanks for that Tempus... I've edited my previous post.

SPWS
http://www.trademe.co.nz/members/listin ... er=3813635" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NZ Websites
Members
First Name: Bruce

Post by NZ Websites » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:36 am

Bugger!

Have been looking to replace my dying dress/sports watch with one from the range of new gold/stainless duo Seiko/Citizen watches listed by this company on TM, and have 3 of theirs on my watchlist.

So are we saying this crowd is dodgy and can't verify these are kosha watches? The prices seem no more or less than others on TM.

Back to the dressing board maybe, Alf?

Cheers,
Bruce
Visit us for Low-Cost and Free website hosting, at www.webhostdirect.co.nz

digidog
Site Admin

Post by digidog » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:41 pm

Dion reports some very good news from his Disputes Tribunal claim.

Sharky0
Members
First Name: Wayne

Post by Sharky0 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:11 am

Whilemon TM looking for Seiko I asked a question of this seller spws_limited and received a terse response.Listing #: 513501275 (Unusual response given it was a genuine question about the price) I have been bvlacklisted by the seller as a result (who cares) but I have a feeling that this may be the one and same seller referred to in this thread. If this is correct and Tissot watches are still being sold, is it possible things ahve not changed and user has simply cahnged account names?

Tempus
Members

Post by Tempus » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:05 am

SPWS are Auckland based,the other chap was Christchurch - don't think they are connected.

SPWS LTD
Members
First Name: JOHN

Post by SPWS LTD » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:40 am

Hi to all, my name is John, i own and operate SOUTH PACIFIC WATCH SALES LTD (SPWS LTD). We sell on Tradme and on Ebay.com.......Now, there are a few things that need clearing up here, before someone crosses a line and says something that could quite easily see them landed in hot water

ALL items sold by SPWS LTD are guaranteed to be 100% genuine and 100% brand new. We run a fully registered GST Ltd Company, have the eyes of the manufacturer on us at all times and run a tight ship here in Auckland NZ.

WE are no way affiliated to any other sellers or companies selling online so please refrain from implying such things.

The character who was blocked from our auctions on TM was blocked because quite simply put, he was a pain in the arse and was not "asking" questions, but insinuating we were selling replica goods, this is all well and good, but we are not here to be insulted, but to sell watches at great prices so anyone thinking of busting our balls for their own amusement will be blocked, this happens very infrequently but we do not hesitate to block those who try to muddy our good name. We get this from time to time, people trying their hardest to blacken our name, but it wont wash, we just hit the block button. We sell watches with keen prices and we work to razor thin margins, if this puts some people off, then so be it, but what we offer are incredible prices with after service to match. If any watches malfunction, we ALWAYS honour the 12 month warranties the watches come with, simply put, its a no brainer purchasing from SPWS LTD.

I hope i have cleared a few things up and everyone is clearer and more informed about SPWS LTD

chunky
Members

Post by chunky » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:08 am

You may honour it, but does tissot if taken to another agent?

Tempus
Members

Post by Tempus » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:38 pm

Neither Tissot,Seiko,Citizen,Casio or any other NZ based watch company will honour guarantees on watches bought from parallel importers online. They will also usually also not supply spare parts for these watches if they are not standard (or fake) models. The NZ agents will nowadays typically just cover watches with proper factory guarantee cards stamped by an authorised retailer. So if buying from online traders expect no service or spare parts unless the trader has their own in house watchmaker with full equipment and spare parts backup. It only needs a 13 month old watch to need a new strap for it to become a "throwaway".