Watches - Tissot, are they fake??

Fake copies of Microsoft Office, operating systems, memory cards and flash drives, fake designer clothing... anything of that nature. At any given time TM offers thousands of fake itmes which breach their terms & conditions... and often do little about the problem. This is the place to discuss the issue.
SPWS LTD
Members
First Name: JOHN

Re: Watches - Tissot, are they fake??

Post by SPWS LTD » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:17 am

Expect no service or spare parts???? We feel you have been seriously misinformed, please, and this is for everyone on here, if you are going to spout off information, please make sure its valid and correct, it just makes you look ignorant blowing hot air the way you do. The parallel import market is legal here in NZ, and its a great way to make huge savings over the high street. As long as you deal with actual companies, like us for example, then you will be fine. We factor in warranty repairs as just a business cost. We can not believe all the scare mongering that goes on via these forums.

digidog
Site Admin
First Name: Alfie

Post by digidog » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:18 am

Hi SPWS. I think you'll find that Tempus is a very well-informed person and a watchmaker by trade. While you may
find it hard to believe that anyone could be critical of grey imports, it is an area where people do get ripped off,
especially on TradeMe. In light of this you may want to tone down your future comments a little.

Tempus
Members

Post by Tempus » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:58 pm

Thank you Digidog for your kind words. No doubt SPWS carry spare parts for all watches they sell (just as do the authorised importers),so that a 13 month old watch that needs a new rubber or leather strap,or perhaps a new set of seals at battery time,can be quickly fixed. They obviously have a qualified in house watchmaker to look after these things (repairs,parts,pressure tests etc.) It would be good to know the name of their watchmaker so those of us in the trade know who to contact for spares,or where to advise customers to send warranty claims. If they were selling cheap watches the throwaway philosophy would be ok, but as their watches are several hundred dollars each it would be reasonable to expect spare parts and service backup for several years (as required by the Consumer Guarantees Act which proper stores are obliged to comply with).

SPWS LTD
Members

Post by SPWS LTD » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:39 pm

Consumer guarantees act states all legitimate sellers must legally provide warranty service for 12 months from date of purchase. This is NZ law, we fall well within these rules and regs, and to be quite honest, if you do not like our tone, that's your issue. We are stating facts, these forums are for people with nothing else better to do with their spare time than try and knock the small "legitimate" business trying to get by in this world. If anyone has a valid gripe against SPWS LTS, please state now, we do everything by the book and if anyone is stating otherwise, our legal team would be more than happy to take you up on your concerns. We are very sorry we do not have a glitzy shop in the middle of Newmarket with good looking 18 year old girls working for us, but what we offer are genuine products at amazing prices comparative to NZ MRRP, backed up by a 12 month warranty. Now, Christmas is our busy time so we will be on our merry way to continue to give great products, service and price.

digidog
Site Admin

Post by digidog » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:13 pm

So you don't have a watchmaker but you do have a "legal team"?

SPWS LTD
Members

Post by SPWS LTD » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:29 pm

We also want to state, that if for any reason, any customer of OURS needed repairs/service/parts to a watch after the warranty period expired, we would happily deal with the powers that be to get their watches sorted, the only difference being that outside of the warranty period, any and all repairs/service/parts needed would have to be paid by the buyer plus GST. We are not in the habit of letting our customers sink after the warranty period has expired.

We have been selling watches for over 10 years now, and after more than 30,000 watches sold (here and in the UK), we know how to treat customers. And because of our power and the fact we sell all across the globe and are constantly dealing with crooks of one kind or another, we do indeed have a legal team who we can lean on at the drop of a hat, they always did say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit........

SPWS LTD
Members

Post by SPWS LTD » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:37 pm

Oh, one more thing, people do not get ripped off by grey market imports, they get ripped off by replica imports, two completely different things altogether...grey market goods are authentic brand new goods, we feel you are getting the two confused

digidog
Site Admin

Post by digidog » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:29 pm

That wasn't sarcasm John - merely an observation of the facts. I have no bone to pick with you but I did take exception to your
abusive attitude towards Tempus. He's been a valued member here for seven years now and he's always provided solid advice
when it comes to identifying fake watches being sold on TradeMe and watchmaking questions in general.

With all products (including watches) there is a massive difference between grey imports and fakes. I'd like to think that the
majority of our members are intelligent enough to understand the difference.

SPWS LTD
Members

Post by SPWS LTD » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:02 am

Again, this appears to be like a little club where people get together in their knitting circles and bash the small guy....I agree, if the small guy is a crook, then bash away, but where it is proven that the small guy is the real deal, credit should be given. I originally came on here as I was told by a member of the public our company name had been mentioned on a site called Scambusters, now forgive me for saying, but that is not good!!! If people can come on these forums and without any grounds what-so-ever start throwing mud, then there is something fundamentally quite wrong with the site. It is hard enough trading these days without mindless idiots throwing groundless insinuations about. And as for people not knowing the difference, I beg to differ, we get 5-10 questions a week asking and I quote "are we selling cheap Chinese grey market imports", so yes, we deal with people that do not understand the difference every single day. This will be our last post, we have said what we need to say and its not put people off from buying from us, last week on Trademe alone we sold 48 watches and on Ebay we sold 97 watches. If you do it correctly and by the book, there will be no problems to the public, but you cant please all the people all the time, that's just human nature.

Its been an absolute pleasure and a very happy Christmas to all!!!!!

peterb
Members
First Name: peter

Post by peterb » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:14 am

NOTE FROM GMB WATCH NZ OFFICIAL TISSOT AGENTS
Counterfeit watches are still being sold by on line traders into the New Zealand market.
Consumers should be very wary of claims by traders that they have sourced from the factory.
Only Authorised TISSOT Agents can source direct.
Listings by unauthorised traders may be fake, damaged, stolen or watches fitted with unauthorised parts.
The manufacturers warranty is automatically invalidated if purchased from an unauthorised source.
GMB Watch support their network of authorised dealers with a large range of stock purchased directly from TISSOT on a regular basis.
We carry a comprehensive range of spare parts, straps and bracelets for quartz,automatic and mechanical watches.
Trained technicians in our Lower Hutt Service Centre handle all warranty and service work and only fit Renata Swiss Made batteries.

wiggy
Members
First Name: paul

Post by wiggy » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:36 pm

Parallel imports are great. If you buy from a half decent dealer they will be able to send the watch back for you under any guarantee it might have. The only reason 'official' dealers tell you that you can't send it back is because they want you to use them. I've bought parallel imports for years and as long as they are genuine gear, chances are you won't need to make a claim because the quality is there.
I buy camera gear from Hong Kong all the time. All my lenses etc and they have all been perfect as I would expect from Nikon genuine items. I did have one break on me after 2 years though, the aperture ring jammed. I took it to Wellington Photographic (I didn't buy it from them) they confirmed it was bust and should be covered under warranty. I sent it back to the place I bought it from who imported from HK. It was returned to them, who were the Nikon dealer based in HK. They sorted it out and it was sent back all sorted in less than 2 weeks.
I paid approx 30% less for the lens from them than I would at Wellington Photographic. So all in all well worth the saving in my view.
South Pacific watch sales seems legit to me. They sell lots on TM and if you are concerned about it being genuine. Buy it from eBay, pay with Paypal. If it turns out fake you can claim your money back and keep the watch. No court in the world would allow you to send back counterfeit goods as they have zero value.
So either way a win win situation. Money back and free watch if it turns out fake. If its genuine, you get it at a good price.

digidog
Site Admin

Post by digidog » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:48 am

Hi Wiggy... we're not discouraging people from buying parallel imports - I buy all of my camera equipment online because it saves a lot of money. What most of us don't like is people selling fake branded items as the real thing or disguising the fact that they're not official resellers for the product. And there's a lot of that happening on TradeMe.

kiwccrn
Members
First Name: chris

Post by kiwccrn » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:59 pm

I just came across these comments, and some of you appear to be knocking SPWS Ltd on trade me. As my experience with this particular company was very positive, I felt it only right to offer my perspective on this thread as well. I have bought in the recent past, 2 Tissot watches (model #TISSOT PRC T17.1.586.52 and TISSOT EXPERT T013.420.44.202.00) one for my brother's 21st, the other for my father. Both watches I sent to Tissot for validation of authenticity, due mainly to the heavily discounted pricing and my own peace of mind. I am happy to report that both watches were verified as authentic by Tissot NZ in Wellington. I just feel that this should also be posted here as my experience with this company is not consistent with some aspects of the thread. I will also say that it was a seamless transaction, customer service was timely and thorough, and I would not hesitate to deal with them again.

SPWS LTD
Members

Post by SPWS LTD » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:05 am

Thank you very much for the kind comments kiwiccrn, very much appreciated, and come back for more with an extra 10% off next time :grin:

Now, on to more serious matters.....we made a test purchase from Trademe seller bitzynz last week (been watching him for a while and was stumped as to how he could offer mid range Tissot models for next to nothing price wise), when the Tissot PRC watch turned up, having sold many of these items ourselves while they were in production, it was CLEAR to see it was an awful copy, for starters the stopwatch function was totally different to a genuine PRC but there were heaps more things that were wrong with the watch, bottom line is, they charged us $300 for a fake Tissot PRC, and not a very good one at that.

Now, GMB watches were kind enough to supply a written report that was in turn sent to Trademe trust and safety, they have had this document two full days now and guess what, this seller of replica goods is still on the site selling like nothing has happened. I am disgusted with Trademe, they have ALL the facts to hand, official documents from GMB watches, and have failed to act on it in a timely manner!!! I have been told they are "busy" and it all takes time. WHAT???!!!!! This guy is selling not only replica Tissot watches that have been discontinued for many years now, but is also selling Rayban sunglasses, often for $39, yes, i said $39. Now, after paying his fees, taxes, GST and makes a bit of a profit too, he must be buying these Rayban glasses for $10 or so....i am sorry, but authorised dealers do not even get them at these prices and having bought a genuine pair of Raybans last year in the city for $350 and the going rate for a pair of Raybans is anything from $300 upwards, to even think you could get a genuine pair of Rayban sunnies for $39 is just simply ludicrous!!!!

I am at a loss as to what to say so am venting on here, as much as we have been knocked on here over the years, we ALWAYS sell only genuine goods and keep everything above board, this guy (bitzynz) has committed an act of fraud and has been selling replica goods unhindered for years now, he even has heaps and heaps of -feedbacks stating he is selling fake goods, yet another red flag that has been totally ignored by Trademe. We have reported him at least half a dozen times over the past 15 months and nobody at TM seems to care, it is totally bizarre, AND, Tissot have had words about this seller before to TM, what more do they need to act on this???!!!

On top of that, this seller is point blank refusing to issue us a GST invoice, a legal requirement if one is requested, this is also raising other issues about him. We know he is GST registered so why he won't issue an invoice raises yet another BIG red flag. We will be taking this separate matter up with IRD in due course but lets just say he is one dodgy individual!!

With the introduction of international sellers, i really feel TM are biting off more than they can chew in respect to vetting sellers if they can not even act on local sellers with the proof in front of them, they need to get a grip on proceedings because the manufacturers will be coming for them if they aren't careful, they threatened Ebay a few years back and they buckled, Trademe needs to be so so careful.

To end and summarise, we have reported a replica selling seller, provided proof of this from an official Tissot source, and nothing has happened, i am totally bewildered and also hacked off because it was my company that did all the "undercover" work here, it is simply not good enough!!!!

digidog
Site Admin

Post by digidog » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:59 am

I appreciate your frustration John. TM have never been proactive when it comes to fake sellers but with the evidence you've compiled, this should be a no-brainer for TradeMe management. Their feedback shows numerous fake Rayban and Oakley sales as well.

The IRD will certainly be interested in the seller's refusal to supply a GST invoice. I had an "in trade" seller earlier in the year who refused to supply an invoice. He eventually backed down and supplied a (non-GST) invoice. Let us know how you get on with the IRD please.

For the record, your fake seller's details.

trader: bitzynz
name: Banafshe
loc'n: Manakau City

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Feedba ... er=3731345