Fake Silk bought on Trademe

Fake copies of Microsoft Office, operating systems, memory cards and flash drives, fake designer clothing... anything of that nature. At any given time TM offers thousands of fake itmes which breach their terms & conditions... and often do little about the problem. This is the place to discuss the issue.
miao
Members
First Name: BuGao

Fake Silk bought on Trademe

Post by miao » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:45 am

Thanks for the tip of someone, as tradme might not like my post and delete it somehow, I will repost my thread here for the record:

Four weeks ago I have bought a set of "silk duvet sets" on trademe from seller P**********. When it showed up, it is just some cheap and nasty knockoffs made of polyester. During Trademe's intermediation, initially the seller denied it not been silk, so I offered to go for a fiber testing from SGS labs under the condition that the seller agrees to pay for the testing fees $300+ if the results comes out as non-silk. Fair enough? Then the seller backed down. She admitted it is not silk and she pleaded ignorant and agreed to refund for the product+shipping. I accepted the refund under the condition that she will correct her listings and not to title them as silk any more.
But three weeks later, the same seller is advertising the same sets (in different colors) again with big bold title "silk" again! I emailed the seller and Trademe, the seller never replied and trademe replied that there is nothing they can do about it, unless the current listings can be proved to be fake as well!!-- Fine! So I auctioned off two more "silk set's from this seller, and no surprise, they are the same cheap polyester crap. In fact, there is nowhere on the product itself labelled as "silk", didn't even have a laundery instruction either, just some cheap knockoff someone sewed up in their back yard. To this point, the seller still refuse to reply any of my emails. and Trademe replied to say there is nothing they can do about it, they can't even force a refund. They did advice me to go through Dispute Tribunal, but that's another story. What I am saying here is that Trademe is clearly very aware of this seller's trading record (very bad), evidence of advertising & selling fake / untruthful items and they choose to do nothing!! If this was Ebay, the seller had been shut down ages ago and his accounts will be all frozen to pay for compensations. Trademe could at least tell the seller if they don't come up with a proper positive solution, they are risking been shut down, afterall, the seller is violating several Trademe Terms & Conditions, Listing Policies and Code of Conduct-- that listings must be truthful and accurate. But all Trademe told me is that 'you are on your own, (go down to dispute tribunal if you wish, as long as these cheats keep paying us auction fees, we don't care what sh*t they are selling to you...)'.
I have never been so disappointed with Trademe before. As kiwi's biggest online auction site and a newly publicly listed company, choose to do nothing when witnessing eveil, is just as evil!! Trademe, by doing nothing, you are endorsing cheats; by endorsing cheats, you are cheats!! As the biggest beneficial of this online business industry, Trademe should be at the forefront of instilling online trade safety and trust, not stupid enough to undermining it. Trademe charges so much commission, but takes no responsibility (kind of part of their service). At least with Ebay, there is clear procedure for dispute arbitrate...

digidog
Site Admin
First Name: Alfie

Re: Fake Silk bought on Trademe

Post by digidog » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:10 pm

Hi Miao,

You are allowed to post the seller's name here and a link to the auction would be helpful.

Foggyone
Site Admin
First Name: Peter

Post by Foggyone » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:44 pm

Miso wrote:Trademe, by doing nothing, you are endorsing cheats; by endorsing cheats, you are cheats!!
“Integrity is telling myself the truth. And honesty is telling the truth to other people.”

Spencer Johnson
Unfortunately TM needs every cent it can get to pay the shareholders (I'm not sure what the rationale was before they were listed).
Google, the answer to so many questions!
-----------------------------------------------------

miao
Members
First Name: BuGao

Post by miao » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:34 pm

digidog wrote:Hi Miao,

You are allowed to post the seller's name here and a link to the auction would be helpful.
Hi! The seller is PinkyCastle. auction number 456127853, 456127853, 456127731.

Keep an eye on this seller. He/she just changed her "silk" into "silky" http://www.trademe.co.nz/home-living/be ... 383472.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , :-k I wonder why did he have to do that? does that say something already?

I also give everybody a tip: if you buy it with your credit card, and complain to your bank, Your bank will either charge back to Trademe, paynow is owned by trademe, will your bank will reimburse you--BNZ did to me, so you don't have to worry about not getting your money back. This way, the bank and Visa and MasterCard is going to put pressure on Trademe, then Trademe will take it more seriously and put more pressure to the seller.