20 Ways to spot fake GHD'S on trademe

Fake copies of Microsoft Office, operating systems, memory cards and flash drives, fake designer clothing... anything of that nature. At any given time TM offers thousands of fake itmes which breach their terms & conditions... and often do little about the problem. This is the place to discuss the issue.
markwnz
Members
First Name: Mark

20 Ways to spot fake GHD'S on trademe

Post by markwnz » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:46 pm

1. Real GHD stylers have one hole on the cord where it meets the body of the iron.

* One of the fakes I bought had three holes and one didn't have any... so make sure to look!

2. Real GHD stylers (applies to Hot Pink only) have a solid pink cord, the cord does NOT have a black ring where it meets the back of the styler.

3. When I contacted GHD of North America, I was told that North American GHD's do NOT have hollograms at all! (Does not apply to the Pure or Dark GHD's since they are not available in the US yet).

4. Real GHD stylers are made in KOREA! Not China!

5. Real GHD stylers will NOT have a hook on the cord to hang up your styler.

6. Real GHD stylers have domed screws, not flat headed screws.

7. The GHD styler DVD should have a number code and barcode on the back (compare it to the back of a DVD movie you own, they should look the same on the back). The fake GHD DVD's say DVD R really small on the back of the DVD towards the center, sometimes it is very hard to spot.

8. The booklets that come with the GHD styler should have colored pictures. Some fake GHD stylers have black and white pictures.

9. FOR THE HOT PINK GHD STYLER: The female snap on the bag should have little stars, the fake ones DO NOT. The fake ones have a Chinese company name.

10. If you open up your styler (if all else fails!), a real GHD styler will have two microchips, one on each side by each flat iron plate. The fake ones only have one (if it even works!).

11. Real GHD stylers have very strong, thick boxes. Fake GHD stylers boxes often come beat up and are slightly smaller.

12. Fake GHD stylers often come with black scuffs on the body of the styler. They are not taken care of very well like a genuine GHD styler.

13. Real GHD stylers come with two booklets, some fake stylers only have one.

14. CHECK THE BOX AND TAGS! One of the fake GHD stylers that I received had misspellings on the tag! Apparently they don't use spell check.

15. Real GHD stylers have a date code on the inside of the body of the styler. It should have the year, month, then day.

16. LOOK AT THE BOX: One of the fake GHD stylers that I received (a hot pink one) had two different shades of hot pink on the top of the box.

17. HOT PINK GHD STYLERS should come with a card inside of the wrap and roll bag that says "Thou shalt surrender to pink". A fake GHD won't come with that.

18. Fake GHD stylers often come with the seal loose on the inside of the box. A real GHD should be sealed from the outside. (Does not apply to Dark or Pure since they have not been released in the US yet).

19. Hot pink GHD's should have black writing, not white writing.

20. Real GHD's sensor lights are clear but will flash red when ready to use and make a funny beep. Fake GHD's sometimes do not flash red or are solid red, not clear.

ionet
Members

Re: 20 Ways to spot fake GHD'S on trademe

Post by ionet » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:36 am

_

All good points - markwnz, however most if not all of these will only become
obvious to an unwary buyer after they receive the sending and after the
sale has been made and settled for.

M

_
Ultimate Auction Security: Kick 'em in the pants & sweep them under the carpet fast before anyone sees & hope they go away.