Pirated Garmin TOPO maps and Non NZ plugs

Fake copies of Microsoft Office, operating systems, memory cards and flash drives, fake designer clothing... anything of that nature. At any given time TM offers thousands of fake itmes which breach their terms & conditions... and often do little about the problem. This is the place to discuss the issue.
freddobar
Members

Pirated Garmin TOPO maps and Non NZ plugs

Post by freddobar » Mon May 18, 2015 8:11 am

Made the mistake of buying a Garmin cycle computer off TM. When it arrived it quickly became obvious it was shipped from overseas. The plug was non NZ and I the supplied adaptor made no mention of being up to any NZ standards.

On closer inspection it was also obvious that the supplied TOPO maps were pirated.

When I contacted TM they told me it would be my word against theirs and I would need a disputes tribunal result before they would look further into it. I cced my reply to consumer NZ and got back a bit more of a response from TM - to supply photos. Photos duly supplied I was thanked told they would put it to the Trust and Safety team who take it very seriously. I was also told I would have to work out any remedy with the seller.

Fortunately I was able to get a full refund.

However, I notice that they continue to list Garmin GPS s with TOPO maps. -

Garmin Edge 705 GPS

Garmin GPSMAP 64

Garmin Edge 810

Yep I know I shouldn't have been so stupid as to buy anything remotely worthwhile off TM.

digidog
Site Admin
First Name: Alfie

Re: Pirated Garmin TOPO maps and Non NZ plugs

Post by digidog » Wed May 20, 2015 5:55 am

Freddobar - did you buy the fake unit from khongong? I'm reluctant to CW his auctions unless I'm sure they're all fake.

freddobar
Members

Re: Pirated Garmin TOPO maps and Non NZ plugs

Post by freddobar » Wed May 20, 2015 8:28 am

Yep he was the seller.