Peter Hoffman Old Money Trust

Phishing scams, hijacking of TM accounts, keyloggers and all manner of other nasties. This is the place to report them and get help if you've been hit.
debborlase
Members
First Name: Deb

Peter Hoffman Old Money Trust

Post by debborlase » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:43 pm

In 2005 I gave Hoffman $9000.00 to invest in a company called Global Legacy Trust Limited, stupid now in hindsight but at the time I did so on what I thought was good advice fom a family member who Mr Hoffman also conned. I take full responsibility for my actions as the returns seemed to good to be true and this family member had given me good investment advice in the past. When it became obvious in Sept 2006 that there was something not right and we were being fobbed off with lots of letters and words and boy is Hoffman good at that, I wrote to him and threatened to take him to Fair Go or the Serious Fraud Office. He contacted our family member who pleaded with us not to as he had invested with a partner over $100k and they were both in their seventies and did not want the impending fight or attention. I went on to have a meeting with another of Hoffmans partners a Mr David Penny who advised that there was a legal battle going on and promised we would be repaid when it was sorted. I also have written information from Mr Hoffman himself stating the same. I know for a fact that along with our family member that other friends of his all pensioners, quite well off and over seventy have invested with Hoffman and none have received a penny back. What I cant understand is for the amounts of money involved why no one has taken him to the authorities before this. I am doing that now better late than never and whilst doing some research came across scam busters. Two weeks agao I phoned Mr Hoffman on his number 07 849 3240 and was told by an Asian woman who I now believe may be Barbara Wang the he didnt live there anymore and she had no idea where they had gone. I then tracked down another number for Peter Hoffman in Tauranga 07 5752853 and phoned there got Peter Hofman who denied any knowledge of Global Legacy and my surname Borlase. I am sure it was Hoffman. I am appalled that he is also trying to use Trade Me to con people and can only say beware he goes to very great lengths to appear legitimate.

digidog
Site Admin
First Name: Alfie

Post by digidog » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:31 am

Hi Debs and welcome to ScamBusters.

"GLOBAL LEGACY TRUST LIMITED" went into receivership on 14th December 2010.

The sole director of that company was:
HOFFMAN, Peter
64 Delamare Road
Hamilton 3200

http://www.coys.co.nz/company/?no=15854 ... ST+LIMITED" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There were 6,000,000 Global Legacy shares - they were all owned by Old Money Family Trust Ltd.

Old Money Family Trust Ltd
The sole director of that company was also:
HOFFMAN, Peter
64 Delamare Road
Hamilton 3200

This one was also liquidated on 17th May 2010. There were 1.2m shares issued and all were owned by
AGAPE CHARITABLE TRUST LIMITED

That company was struck off in Sepember 30th 2011. It had two directors:

HOFFMAN, Ellen Martha and HOFFMAN, Peter Friedrich
64 Delamare Rd, Hamilton, 3200

If you search that Coys site for either "Hoffman, Peter" or "Hoffman, Peter Friedrich" you'll find that he is involved
with around 133 companies. Or rather he was... most of them appear to have been struck off the Companies
register at various times.

You should also have a read of this thread from 2010 which also concerns Hoffman and notes that he was made
bankrupt from 1984-87. http://scambusters.co.nz/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5422" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And here is yet another thread concerning Hoffman - this time from 2006.
http://scambusters.co.nz/forum/viewtopic.php?p=32968" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I would say that there is little doubt that you've been scammed. I suggest that you contact a lawyer urgently to
review your options. Feel free to direct the lawyer to this thread as it contains a good amount of research which
may be relevant. I suspect you have a good case to lay a Police complaint, but please talk to a lawyer first.

I note that Hoffman's "maccaphman" ID has been disabled by TradeMe. If you are aware of another TradeMe account
being operated by this man, please post his username here.

Good luck and please let us know how you get on.