I just hooked a scammer!

Whether it's 419 scammers or Romanian gangsters, this is the forum to post your baiting exploits and trophies.
brown dog
Members

Post by brown dog » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:30 am

sorry, that is the wrong number! I think that is something to do with hotmail. Try this one:

chinaqt
Members

Post by chinaqt » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:33 am

It's British BT.

Techno would be best!

TechnoKiwi
Scambaiter

Post by TechnoKiwi » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:25 pm

Yes, it's BT alright.

I think that particular email was from a different person to the others, even though it still comes from within the UK. You may not hear from him again, or not unless a few hiccups develop with the transaction.

scott_evil
Members

Post by scott_evil » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:29 pm

81.155.128.123 UNITED KINGDOM SCOTLAND INVERKEITHING
56.028 -3.388 - +00:00
Net Speed ISP Domain
- BT-CENTRAL-PLUS BTCENTRALPLUS.COM

Same country, but the opposite end.
______

brown dog
Members

Post by brown dog » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:50 pm

Thanks for the info guys. Haven't heard from him for, oh, about 2 days so thought I'd stir him up a bit! Like the bit about trust, honesty and loyalty!! Read messages from bottom to top.
cheers BD

Hello Paul,
no problem, I have carefully packed the parts up, and will let you know when your cheque arrives. By the way, I have a brand new gearbox for one of these cars I am selling to if you are interested. It is the later spec one which turns in the opposite direction. These are around 15000 Euro new, I am asking 6000 for this one if you are interested.
cheers XXXXXX

----- Original Message -----
To: XXXXXX XXXXX
Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2007 4:08 AM
Subject: BMW STW S42 ENGINE PARTS

Hi XXXXXX,

I got your information alright, Just let me know when you get the cheque and also i will be arranging my shippers to come to your location for the pick up of the Engine Parts. I will like for you to get back to me let me know you will handle this with trust , honesty and loyalty.

I will also let you know how you will be sending the balance OK. I do hope to hear back from you soon.

Paul William.

digidog
Site Admin
First Name: Alfie

Post by digidog » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:09 pm

He thinks that you're hooked. You'll be able to keep him hanging on
for a while yet.

TechnoKiwi
Scambaiter

Post by TechnoKiwi » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:01 am

It looks as if Mr. Capitals is the fake document man, and the other one you are talking to is the in-between man.

Now that the cheque is on its way you may be able to score a picture trophy, although these types of scammer aren't as easy to score one from as the 'regular' 419 scammers are.

I'll work out a message to send him that might do the trick. ;-)

By the way, what's the address of the website you advertised on? I will need to know for the reverse scam I am working on. 8-)

brown dog
Members

Post by brown dog » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:04 am

Thanks Techno, anything that will help me stick one back up these a$$holes would be appreciated! The address of the website is http://www.racecarsdirect.com/index.html

cheers BD

TechnoKiwi
Scambaiter

Post by TechnoKiwi » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:12 am

Ok, I've just about got something sorted. However, we'll let him stew for another day before contacting him again. ;-)

Could you PM an email address to me so that I can send you copies of some pictures that will need to be sent to your scammer?

TechnoKiwi
Scambaiter

Post by TechnoKiwi » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:08 pm

Here's what I suggested brown dog send his scammer: ;-)

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your previous message.

The parts are currently stored in a high security warehouse, which means that your shipping agent will need to be issued with a photographic ID card in order to gain access to them. I will arrange for an ID card to be made for your agent, but you will need to supply me with his full name and date of birth first. A photograph of your agent will also be required, so that it can be attached to the card.

In order to ensure that the ID photograph is actually of the person who will be picking up the parts, it will be necessary for him to have his photograph taken with the security company's official ID crest. I am attaching a copy of the official crest to this email, as well as an example of the sort of photograph that is required. I will email you a copy of the completed ID card so that it can be printed off and passed on to your agent.

Please ensure that the official ID photograph gets to me as soon as possible, as this will ensure that there are no delays in completing this transaction.

Regards and thanks for your co-operation.

Image Image

TechnoKiwi
Scambaiter

Post by TechnoKiwi » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:17 am

Change of plans, a more matter-of-fact message is going to be sent first. ;-)

decoder
Members

Be careful

Post by decoder » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:24 am

Hate to be a party pooper, but these are often real criminals. If they have your genuine contact details, I'd suggest you not play around with them.

Just make up some excuse and get out of the game. Most baiting is done with fake IDs so the crims can't exact revenge.

TechnoKiwi
Scambaiter

Post by TechnoKiwi » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:50 am

Yep, they're crims alright, but they're not likely to do anything 'stupid' just because of a few crank emails, especially when they're 12,000 miles away. ;-)

Having said that, I never actually reveal to a scammer that they've been had, as it only sharpens their ability to detect such deception in the future. This scammer will simply be left wondering what went wrong! :grin:

digidog
Site Admin
First Name: Alfie

Post by digidog » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:27 am

Hi decoder and welcome to ScamBusters.

Technokiwi is our resident expert in scambaiting and has quite a
proud collection of trophies under his belt.

He'll look after brown dog.

chops
Members

Post by chops » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:06 am

While you're at it BD, try to get him to buy some Plus Sms!