PostaNote.co.nz - Free NZ Ads Site

eBay, OneWay, EzyAuctioNZ, Sella & WeBuy (both deceased) and other local auction sites
NathanW
Members
First Name: Nathan

Re: PostaNote.co.nz - Free NZ Ads Site

Post by NathanW » Tue May 19, 2015 11:04 pm

I just finished talking to my development team. If Scambuster users are interested, we'd like to give you admin privileges to the site. It will be a few months before we are able to ad this, but just wanted to throw it out there. But you really know your stuff, and we'd love to be able to use your knowledge to keep our site clean.

You could then flag an item as spam and it would immediately come down, and we'd send them a message about why their ad has been deleted. If you are interested, I'm free to meet anyone in the Scambuster community and will be in Christhchurch, Dunedin, Auckland, and most towns in between over the next several weeks.

For your help, we'd be sure to throw you any and all Post a Note swag and benefits we could.

Nathan
Founder and GM
Post a Note
nathan@postanote.co.nz

NathanW
Members

Post by NathanW » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:06 pm

Thanks to everyone on Scambusters who is marking scam ads on www.postanote.co.nz. I can't tell who is marking them, but given the quality of the scams, I'm assuming it is members of this group. This helps us more than we can tell you. If you ever have any ideas for the site (beyond stopping scams as well) we'd love to hear them. If you ever want any Post a Note stickers, shirts (on back order) etc. just say the word, we owe you huge.

Thanks again,

Nathan Weathington
co founder and GM
Post a Note
nathan@postanote.co.nz

digidog
Site Admin
First Name: Alfie

Re: PostaNote's first recorded scam?

Post by digidog » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:37 am

Is this the first reported Postanote scam? It involves an elderly couple from Whangaparaoa paying $24,900 to scammers for a non-existent campervan -- it's a sad story.

We understand that all sales sites attract scammers these days, which is why we recommend blocking IP ranges for anyone out of New Zealand. Or at the very least, removing access to the site from known dodgy countries like Romania, Nigeria, etc. Every little bit of security helps.

NathanW
Members

Post by NathanW » Tue May 02, 2017 8:51 am

Just went live with our new www.postanote.co.nz website with some added security feature and functionality.

Would love to hear your thoughts and ideas.