Sella.co.nz (RIP)

eBay, OneWay, EzyAuctioNZ, Sella & WeBuy (both deceased) and other local auction sites
Foggyone
Site Admin
First Name: Peter

The Continuing Stoooory!

Post by Foggyone » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:10 am

APN’s NZ shares plunge to record low on board exodus; ahead of ASX trading
Shares in APN News & Media plunged to a record low in New Zealand trading after the media group's chief executive, chairman and three independent directors walked over strong-arm tactics by its two biggest shareholders to stop a capital raising.

The shares dropped 14 percent to a record-low 31 cents, with just 12,000 shares changing hands before trading opens in Australia. The shares last traded at 30 Australian cents on the ASX before they were halted last week.
This against the sharemarket rising today.
Google, the answer to so many questions!
-----------------------------------------------------

digidog
Site Admin
First Name: Alfie

Re: Sella.co.nz

Post by digidog » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:29 pm

SELLA.CO.NZ INTEGRATES INTO NZ HERALD ONLINE

Hi There

Thank you for being a loyal Sella customer.

As you will know, Sella launched in 2008 and it has grown to more than 550,000 members. We wanted to let you know that our business is taking on a new direction in 2013.

Sella is owned by APN NZ Media, publisher of the NZ Herald. APN has today announced a strategic decision to move away from the consumer to consumer auctions market and will instead integrate the Sella listings into the Herald and APN Regional websites. Motoring and Property will launch first.

From 28 February, Sella will no longer operate as a standalone brand and we wanted to take the opportunity to update you and thank you for your support.

Please check out our FAQs page for a full list of answers on what happens to your current listings, account balances and business listings.

The team at Sella
I was forwarded this email. There's no announcement on the site - not even in their "site announcements" area which hasn't been updated since July last year.

That sounds very much like RIP Sella.

Googlybear
Members

Post by Googlybear » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:16 am

http://www.sella.co.nz/help-topic/basic ... -nzherald/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
FAQs about the integration of Sella into NZHerald

What does this integration mean?

Our business is constantly improving our offerings to meet the needs of our users and advertisers. We see the integration of the Sella platform into the award winning news site NZ Herald Online as just one of the ways in which we can do that - The first part of the evolution sees your Sella Motoring and Property listings integrated into NZ Herald Online’s Motoring and Property sections. Look for more Sella categories to appear on the NZH shortly.
You will no longer be able to list an auction or private items for sale on Sella.co.nz. Your current account will only be accessible for a limited time. This will allow you to close any open trades etc. Our stores users will be able to export a history of sold items.

What happens to my current auction listing/s?

From the 28th your current auction listings will end on their scheduled date and time, and will not relist. You will be able to view and manage sold items past this date.

Does that mean my account is closing?

In the short term your account will remain so you can manage any on-going trade activity - classified listings may continue to receive enquiry for some time, so we recommend leaving your account open as long as possible.

What about classified listings?

We are happy to announce that we will be publishing our dealer/agent motoring and real estate stock to the NZ Herald in the very near future.

If you are a car dealer or real estate agent sending us stock via a stock management system, there will be little change. Send your file to the usual place and we'll make sure it lands safely at its new home on the NZH.

What happens to my account and its balance?

Please refer to our T&C's here with regards to any balance you may have.

Your account will close after a time and as per the NZ Law 'Internet Auction Providers Record' we are required to keep your details on file for a minimum of 12 months.

I don't have cars or houses for sale - when will my category appear in the NZH?

We are moving our focus to B2C (business to consumer) and we'd love to migrate all B2C listings into a relevant section on the NZH website as quickly as possible. If you'd like to discuss a category, please contact helpdesk@sella.co.nz.

ionet
Members

Post by ionet » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:27 am

_

Can anyone reach the Sella site at the mo ?

It isn't loading here :shock:

The changes are bound to make all those with Auction listings happy beyond belief, if they
get the chance to probably list at a fee on the reincarnation of the bits APN want to keep??

and they face having to swap one heavy slow loading site for another notoriously heavy site loaded
high with hefty images & social media crap ;-)

End scenario looks like most of the 550'000 members are getting told on very very
short notice to suck the kumara -- APN dont want to know you ;-)

This is on top of the recent wholesale photos on Sella going walkabout lost

FAIL - APN most may be thinking ;-)

M

_
Ultimate Auction Security: Kick 'em in the pants & sweep them under the carpet fast before anyone sees & hope they go away.

Foggyone
Site Admin

Post by Foggyone » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:31 am

I guess this is

RIP Sella

Sella is loading normally for me.

Given the parlous state of finances reported for the APN group this comes as no surprise.

A check of the site announcements shows a resounding silence on this subject. Looks like it's roll up the tent and steal away into the night.

marika3
Scambuster

Post by marika3 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:20 am

Sella loads for me, but there is only 184K listings (used to be about 300K when I last looked) and I can't find their FORUM. Simply no link to it.
All their own postngs - blog, twitter, announcements dated 2012.
Looks like a quiet death.
RIP Sella.
http://www.oneway.co.nz/member/marika3

digidog
Site Admin

Post by digidog » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:14 am

From: http://www.sella.co.nz/help-topic/basic ... -nzherald/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
What happens to my account and its balance?
Please refer to our T&C's here with regards to any balance you may have. (Note that the links only goes to the T&Cs page - you need to search to find the following section)
7.2c - If your membership is terminated by Sella, or you choose to terminate your membership, Sella will refund the balance of your credit account less a $5 processing fee to a nominated New Zealand bank account. Account balances of $10 or less will not be refunded. Promotional giveaways of Sella credits, bonus credits, or any free credits gifted to the member on registration will not be refunded.

http://www.sella.co.nz/help-topic/terms ... onditions/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That sounds suspiciously like corporate theft to me.

marika3
Scambuster

Post by marika3 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:21 am

In this TN MB thread http://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/Mess ... 9&topic=10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; people report that refunds will be processed to all users, and admin fee removed:
sella: hey guys.. we have decided to remove the $5 admin fee on refunds. its not your fault we're closing the Sella.co.nz front end.. so you shouldn't be penalized by an admin fee. there will likely be further announcements re: refunds shortly. cheers

ionet
Members

Re: Sella.co.nz (RIP)

Post by ionet » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:28 am

_

There seems to be widespread confusion on what, whether & if Sella with be refunding member credit
balances if postings in the thread above are anything to go by:

Just email and ask for it, giving your bank a/c details, etc.
My refund is in my bank a/c today, so am very pleased with their responsiveness in this.

But still no announcement on the main page, at least, that's not cool.

I will miss them too, easy to navigate and list, and most of all, free of fees, with 10 photos permitted. *sigh*
From Sella's T&Cs

"7.2 Sella Accounts
(c) If your membership is terminated by Sella, or you choose to terminate your membership, Sella will refund the balance of your credit account less a $5 processing fee to a nominated New Zealand bank account. Account balances of $10 or less will not be refunded. Promotional giveaways of Sella credits, bonus credits, or any free credits gifted to the member on registration will not be refunded.
(d) If you have not signed into Sella for a period of 24 months any unused balance on your Sella account is forfeited to Sella and your membership suspended
The subscription freephone number for the Herald is 0800 100 888...I'm thinking a couple of phonecalls a day from several irritated Sella users would become quite annoying after a short space of time...
Not impressed - have spent some time this morning trying to get MY money back - just under $10 - no way will they refund. Looks very much theft to me. They cite their T & C saying they can keep the money - extremely unethical - surely if one had no prior notice (thereby allowing one to withdraw funds) that must breach the law somehow?
If Sella has grown to 550,000 members and if say 100,000 of those still have $5 average credit then that represents $500,000 that will not be refunded as the balance is below $10.

I have $8.05 and tried to add to the balance today but Sella won't let me add to my credit balance.

I asked the help desk who just emailed a link to their Terms and Conditions Page.

I would not be impressed if Sella put that amount of members money in their back pocket as a perk!
Hi xxxx,

We have spoken to management with regards to this and will be refunding users with $10 in their accounts.

Regards

The Sella team

An update on Sella on what they intend doing refunding - what will not be refunded etc could go a long way to clarifying ;-)

M

_
Ultimate Auction Security: Kick 'em in the pants & sweep them under the carpet fast before anyone sees & hope they go away.

digidog
Site Admin

Post by digidog » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:16 pm

We've received copies of emails from Sella which sugegst that they intend to steal (sorry, "keep") any balances under $10. This is morally corrupt.
Hi there,

Please see our terms and conditions with regards to refunds-
http://www.sella.co.nz/help-topic/terms ... onditions/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

7.2-c

Only balances of $10 or more are refundable.
Any further questions please contact us.

Regards

The Sella team

angry
Members

Post by angry » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:21 am

Had to happen, once Fairfax was out of Scamme, Sella had no objective and competed with apn paid advertising.

Wouldn't surprise me if apn was a share holder in a faifaxless tm via proxy's. :?:
:smt065

Foggyone
Site Admin

The Slow Death Of APN

Post by Foggyone » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:07 am

APN sells historic South Island papers
Christchurch-based Mainland Media has bought the Christchurch Star and Oamaru Mail newspapers from APN New Zealand Media.

Seller APN's major daily publication is the New Zealand Herald newspaper, based in Auckland.

Late last year the group started a sales process for some of its lower North Island and South Island assets, saying it wanted to quit the south to focus on its North Island businesses.
This after the closure of their auction site, Sella.

I hear that NZ Herald, their cornerstone Auckland publication, is shedding readers like leaves in a hurricane. The MSM is reaping the crap news services they have become.

marika3
Scambuster

Post by marika3 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:45 am

NZ Herald must be really desperate for readers - they recently sent letters to Auckland residential addresses with offer of 3-months free subscription. I can remember some discount offers from the past, but never free ones.

Herald these days is 60% adverts, 35% outdated and mostly negative news, and the rest is crosswords and SideSwipe (the only column that I enjoy). It's hard to find a story of business success or motivated individual. They only publish good stuff about people when somebody dies in an accident or is a victim of crime. The paper is very depressing, and full of repeats, over and over again.
Rather than pay $2.20 a day (and $3.20 Saturday) to read this crap, it's much easier and faster to get news from the net.

Newspapers is a dying business...

newzealandgirls
Members
First Name: Sarah

Post by newzealandgirls » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:37 am

I remember when some guy called Casey visited me in my hotel proposing a Sella account and working out the finer details ... weeks later they pulled my entire account because a business competitor threatened Sella with legal action. I'm glad Sella is deceased , I'm unhappy Trademe still has a monopoly to rape the market. :oops: