Home based business, licence for sale

Shill bidding, contact details in auctions… anything that’s not a scam per se but breaches TM’s terms and conditions.
scott_evil
Members

Home based business, licence for sale

Post by scott_evil » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:15 pm

snowaddict

Job listing 85799269
Company: Xpress Facials
Type: Part-time or casual
Pay and benefits: Around 10hours/week can earn you $36000.00 p/a,
Listed: Thu, 25 Jan
In addition for only $500.00 you can be up and running very quickly and easily with full guidance and help.
It's more a business opportunity than an actual job.
There are FOUR of these listed in TM jobs, plus one under Businesses for Sale.

Also, what the hell is this?

Hawkes Bay National Business Institute Licence
This Licence covering a huge area has become available due to the current owner taking an equity interest in one of the companies he was consulting with. The licence includes a vast range of software and manuals, which can be duplicated and sold under this licence for high profit margins. Full training and support comes with the licence as does the existing client base and promotional structure that has been established over the last two years. Suitable for any one who has been in business or has a consultancy banking or accounting background. Can be run from home or alongside existing business. Huge income potential with fantastic lifestyle!
Starting price at $28,000. Listed under Business faming and industry -> other. Which means no contact details are allowed. You'd be a fool to pay $28,000 for something with such a vague description.
______

Foggyone
Site Admin
First Name: Peter

More Info Available

Post by Foggyone » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:36 pm

Contact this advertiser
send your CV to PO Box 8489, Havelock North, Hawkes Bay.

Xpress Facials
(021) 2484235
Google, the answer to so many questions!
-----------------------------------------------------

dobby
Members
First Name: Dobby

Re: Home based business, licence for sale

Post by dobby » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:09 pm

scott_evil wrote: Also, what the hell is this?

Hawkes Bay National Business Institute Licence
This Licence covering a huge area has become available due to the current owner taking an equity interest in one of the companies he was consulting with. The licence includes a vast range of software and manuals, which can be duplicated and sold under this licence for high profit margins. Full training and support comes with the licence as does the existing client base and promotional structure that has been established over the last two years. Suitable for any one who has been in business or has a consultancy banking or accounting background. Can be run from home or alongside existing business. Huge income potential with fantastic lifestyle!
Starting price at $28,000. Listed under Business faming and industry -> other. Which means no contact details are allowed. You'd be a fool to pay $28,000 for something with such a vague description.
More info here:
http://www.nbi.co.nz/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like some kind of franchising model.

Website registered to:
admin_contact_name: National Business Institute
admin_contact_address1: P O Box 272 1321
admin_contact_address2: Papakura
admin_contact_city: Auckland
admin_contact_postalcode: 1730
admin_contact_country: NZ (NEW ZEALAND)
admin_contact_phone: +64 9 2977170
admin_contact_fax: +64 9 2977175
The National Business Institute (NBI) was founded by Bruce Forlong, a widely experienced business consultant and New Zealand’s only “Bizologist” - albeit named by his Colleagues

Bruce himself has over 39 years 'hands-on' experience in business, having been CEO of a multimillion-dollar company with a staff of 65.
I could be way off track, but the whole site has that "ebook marketing guru" type feel about it.
Idealism increases in direct proportion to your distance from the problem.

dobby
Members

Post by dobby » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:19 pm

Company Number 656608
Company NATIONAL BUSINESS INSTITUTE LIMITED

Incorporated 11-NOV-1994 View Online Extract

Current Status REGISTERED

Entity Type Company

Constitution Filed Yes

Annual Return Filing Month August

Print This Page

Previous Names
Company Name Date Changed
DESIGN MATTERS LIMITED 30-AUG-2002
Q KITCHENS LIMITED 29-JAN-2002
QUALITY KITCHENS AND BATHROOMS LIMITED 05-SEP-2001
MAGNUM OPUS INTERNATIONAL LIMITED 30-MAR-1998

Address Details
Registered Office
89 Pararekau Rd
Papakura

Address for Service
89 Pararekau Rd
Papakura

Directors
Name Date Appointed:

FORLONG, Bruce Mervyn 11-NOV-1994
89 Pararekau Road, Karaka Park, Karaka

Share Parcels

Total Number of shares 1,000

Number of Shares 999
Shareholder(s) FORLONG, BRUCE MERVYN 89 Pararekau Road, Karaka Park, Karaka

Number of Shares 1
Shareholder(s) FORLONG, JULIE ANNE 89 Pararekau Road, Karaka Park, Karaka

scott_evil
Members

Post by scott_evil » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:12 pm

Only the four TM job listings are left, the other two were withdrawn
______

digidog
Site Admin
First Name: Alfie

Post by digidog » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:28 pm

dobby wrote:I could be way off track, but the whole site has that "ebook marketing guru"
type feel about it.
You're certainly right about that. From the bad template to the "New Page 1"
title on the page, the site reeks of those nasty affiliate marketing jobs.
You can now become an Executive or Associate Partner of the NBI; how
that will look on your business card and the "doors", maybe once closed
this can open for you
It's a bit like those dodgy university degrees you can buy on the net.
1. The Executive Partner Investment varies according to the potential
within each area from $39,700 to $89,700 +GST(if any). The investment
includes the NBI Executive Business Set-Up Kit, duplication rights to NBI
Software and NBI Business Education Packs, Reseller rights to products
supplied by others,, training by the NBI, enough stock for your first
$15,000 of sales and a free support programme. Executive Master
Licensees also get the rights to sell Associate Licences (sub-licence)

2. The Associate Partner Investment is from $22,900 to $36,900 +GST
(if any). The investment includes the NBI Associate Business Set-Up Kit,
duplication rights to NBI Software and Reseller Rights to NBI and others
Business Education Packs, training, enough stock for your first $10,000
of sales and a free support programme.

All licences are limited
Limited to what? The first few hundred suckers to hand over their money?

This story from Manukau Business Focus concerns another franchise they
operate called Sweet Inspirations. That one was "The supreme winner of
the 2006 Stevenson Papakura Business Excellence Awards" - a prestigious
honour no doubt. You can buy into that franchise for $20,000 – $47,000 +
GST. They have a website that is as tacky as their other one. I would've
expected that a successful company might have afforded a professional
website.

Or maybe my expectations are too high?

[Note: the website has thankfully been updated since this post was written.
Well done Bruce & Julie]

While both of these businesses are likely to be above board, avoiding TM
fees when you're listing a business does NOT inspire confidence.

Brulie
Members
First Name: Bruce

Post by Brulie » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:54 am

Notice to Posters & Commentators ‘Scott_Evil’, ‘dobby’ and ‘digidog’

Re: BRUCE & JULIE FORLONG, and Companies as named herein

You can imagine the shock Julie had to find herself (and Bruce) unjustifiably posted on ScamBusters, moreover, to also find her former business Sweet Inspirations Ltd, winner of Best Business and Supreme Business Excellence Awards on 2006, unfairly bought into this by way of her owning 1 share in the National Business Institute Ltd’s share parcel, a company she had no controlling interest in

Because Julie, Bruce, the National Business Ltd or Sweet Inspirations Ltd did not place the TradeMe ad they believe they have been UNJUSTIFIABLY connected to an alleged, unproven claim that an Advertiser on TradeMe deliberately listed what he was selling in the wrong category in order to avoid some TradeMe fees

They have asked ScamBusters site owner Alfie West (digidog) on several occasions, to remove their information from his site; however, he has refused to date and seemingly became defensive and unreasonably argumentative

Therefore this post serves as public notification of the evidence to posters and commentators ‘Scott_Evil’, ‘dobby’ and ‘digidog’ so that they can dutifully consider, without duress, in the light of these facts removing any inappropriate post or commentary

Please consider the following facts:
1. Julie, Bruce the National Business Ltd or Sweet Inspirations Ltd did not place the ad on TradeMe

2. They do not know the person who placed the ad anymore than one would know someone who owned a car you once owned and it had been onsold twice

3. Upon investigation, we have discovered that there is a fundamental misunderstanding by those who reported the TradeMe listing and subsequently had the ad wrongly removed by TradeMe because they 'thought' it was said to be a “Business For Sale”

4. Upon checking we found that what the advertiser was endeavouring to sell on TradeMe was NOT a ‘Business for sale’ or ‘Franchise’ as was ineptly implied to TradeMe by those who reported the listing; The product being sold was an Intellectual Property (IP) Product being an Intellectual Property Licence to legally use certain brand names and logos for software and business education titles the licence holder had rights to duplicate.

The said Intellectual Property Licence was being sold as an add-on for an existing business in the same way as a printing company may sell Material Property (MP) such as printer to an existing businesses in order for them to expand their existing services. The TradeMe listing makes this very clear

As it turns out, because it was NOT a Business For Sale or Franchise, we are now given to understand that the listing WAS LISTED CORRECTLY on TradeMe under ‘other’. It is therefore erroneously listed as a ‘scam’ on ScamBusters and should be withdrawn forthwith

5. It seems ‘DigiDog’ has misleadingly posted other information ‘cut and pasted’ from the NBI website about the Partner Investments the NBI was offering at the time. These Partner Investments are NOT what the seller on TradeMe was offering, or could offer.

Partner Investments was the NBI’s way of expanding its assemblage of Certified NBI Business Consultants in the same way as Accountants, Lawyers, Doctors and Dentists add Associates & Stakeholders to their brand name

Posters & Commentators ‘Scott_Evil’, ‘dobby’ and ‘digidog’ are hereby Publically advised of various serious Legal Issues raised by this matter

1. Not only does ‘Digidog’s’ “cutting and pasting” of information from the NBI website breech international copyright law under the Universal Copyright Convention (or UCC), adopted at Geneva in 1952, (Geneva Convention). The NBI's Legal notice expressly forbids this.
Clearly the listing falsely leads site viewers to believe his mistake about what was being offered for sale on TradeMe was a ‘scam

2. Even if Posters & Commentators have listed in ‘good faith’ there is no denying the mention of Bruce & Julies names and their business interests within the ScamBusters environment reasonably gives any site viewer to accept as true they have been ‘busted for a scam’; this is untrue

3. Scambusters define a scam as "A scheme designed to separate an honest trader from their cash";
Therefore, not only is the said listing a breech of ScamBusters own legal definition of a scam, but also, when applied to the TradeMe lister and those mentioned within the commentary by ‘Scott_Evil’, ‘dobby’ and ‘digidog’ inside the ScamBuster’s environment and public image, such becomes by probable outcome, misleading and smearing of the good names and reputation of respected people & companies who did not place the TradeMe ad, nor is the TradeMe lister known to them

Moreover, ScamBusters legal definition of a ‘scam’ is fundamentally flawed within its sites environment and does not mass well with many other so called ‘scams’ on the site simply because there is no proof of intent (designed) to ‘scam’ as defined. Many listings are merely 'suspicions'

4. The Court could reasonably based upon the balance of probabilities draw an inference that the statements made about the persons and companies named hereon are defamatory and probable to cause business loss

5. In addition, the listing and posts provide a prima facie breech of the Fair Trading act on the basis that the said statements are misleading and deceptive and likely to cause unjustifiable loss to Bruce & Julie Forlong, The National Business Institute Ltd and the new owner of Sweet Inspirations Ltd

6. The final statement by ‘DigiDog’ succinctly states; “While both of these businesses are likely to be above board, avoiding TM fees when you're listing a business does NOT inspire confidence”; This statement clearly sums up the legal situation because it indisputably states that the said businesses and or their owners, shareholders or directors were the ones that avoided TM fees; this is absolutely untrue

We therefore ask that ‘Scott_Evil’, ‘dobby’ and ‘digidog’ carefully review the above and delete misleading information

In Conclusion:
”We understand how easy it is to make mistakes and in zeal jump to conclusions.
We are right with you all in your passion for busting genuine scams.
We are only asking that you do the right thing, and remove your misleading posts.
Thank you”

Bruce & Julie Forlong

We also ask that anyone considering purchasing any Franchise offered by us..................

You will be given our solicitors contact who can legally validate all of the above

Edited by Marika3 to remove the ad and contact email - we do not allow commercial promotions here. Be warned, please

marika3
Scambuster

Post by marika3 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:57 am

Is that's all for the old thread dated 2007?
As far as I understand the situation, you are threatening posters in this thread with legal action for posting here things they collected four years ago on the net from public sources?
If so, I personally think that you have too much spare time on hands...
The thread had bitten the dust long ago, and my interpretation of things is that you or your companies just in need for some PR, thus you decided to jump on long gone boat.
Am I right?
http://www.oneway.co.nz/member/marika3

dobby
Members

Post by dobby » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:36 am

brulie wrote:Therefore this post serves as public notification of the evidence to posters and commentators ‘Scott_Evil’, ‘dobby’ and ‘digidog’ so that they can dutifully consider, without duress, in the light of these facts removing any inappropriate post or commentary
Say what? After dutifully considering without duress, I've decided I can't for the life of me see what your issue is with my posts.

And BTW, did you realise that now you've resurrected a four year old thread that had died a natural death, all you've done is
brought it to people's attention again? I also suspect that the Google bot will up your connected ranking when it comes to call.

Maybe Marika3 is right - all publicity's good publicity.

digidog
Site Admin

Post by digidog » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:22 am

Notification to Site Members

I can confirm that Bruce and Julie Furlong contacted this site on 4th February
threatening 4 separate law suits in relation to the above posts.

This thread is now locked pending advised legal action. Site visitors and members
may read the thread, but no new posts will be accepted.

digidog
Site Admin

Post by digidog » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:49 pm

We're into another year and I'm pleased to report that Bruce's threatened legal action never eventuated. We assume
this means he finally realised there was no defamation in this thread and hope that he didn't waste too much money
on lawyers during his learning process.

I'd pretty much forgotten about Mr Forlong until he asked a Q on one of my auctions last night. While it wasn't an
intelligent question and didn't really deserve an answer, I thought I'd indulge the man. Call it new year goodwill.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =439356745" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Vandalising other people's auctions? Bruce obviously has too much free time on his hands and he really should consider
taking up a hobby.

digidog
Site Admin

Post by digidog » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:40 am

I've just received this email from Bruce.
Alfie
My sincere apologies for the comment left on a TradeMe
listing that happened to be of all people yours.
My Grandson was over and thought it funny to play
around and rev a few folk without my knowledge
And Roy Phillips too...I knew him well at Pahia
I can assure you he has learned a lesson and it wont
happen again
Thank you for your understanding
Regards
Bruce Forlong
Now what are the odds of that happening? As of today, they're 1 in 2,892,792 (from live TM stats)

sandra
Members
First Name: sandra

Post by sandra » Thu May 16, 2013 1:05 am

I'm glad I found this blog. Bruce Forlong recently stole a photograph from an Auckland professional photographer. It was called Kohi in Summer. Lucy does not let people use her work on a commercial site without any payment or permission. This man downloaded one of Lucy's classic pohutakawa images and used it on a site he built advertising apartments. He eventually removed it after Lucy complained and he said he was allowed use it because his site was not live but he was advertising his site on Trademe. Hah! Here is Lucy's site. http://www.lucygdesign.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Foggyone
Site Admin
First Name: Peter

Post by Foggyone » Mon May 20, 2013 7:22 pm

I've recently received confirmation of the above post.

We also believe this is not the only occasion when an unauthorised picture has been used.

While the misuse of copyright material happens on the web, businesses particularly need to take care in this area as being found out (and sued) is not a good advertisement.
Google, the answer to so many questions!
-----------------------------------------------------