Trademe ignores CW -contact details etc

Shill bidding, contact details in auctions… anything that’s not a scam per se but breaches TM’s terms and conditions.
red2140
Members

Trademe ignores CW -contact details etc

Post by red2140 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:39 pm

There has been a big increase in people cheating fees by either listing contact details or price per item for several yet TM dont give a stuff. People selling high end items for $30,000 as an example. Community watch it and nothing is done. CW it again and you accused of complaining unneccessarily. I got a call from one of the staff the other day, saying I complain too much, even tho #1 it is my right when I pay the proper fees and these people pay nothing when they sell outside the auction and #2 thats why they have Community watch. I was told they really are not concerned with people doing this or listing on a per basis or listing for instance a tractor in other WITH the contact details instead of paying listing fees like we the honest traders. They say that my complaints tie their staff up when all they are interested in is stopping scammers etc. I suggested MAYBE having CW is a farce if we arent supposed to complain. What a friggin joke! I can understand them wanting to stop scamming that may be more serious but what is the point of having CW when they arent interested? I am sick of people pulling this and not paying any fees when I have to pay the fees and I would guarantee if it was ME who was pulling these stunts they would be on my arse immediately, threatening to disable me etc. I have shown them proof where people have asked for a set amount, such as I would like 10 can you start an auction and they do but instead of the proper fee they are charging they start an auction for that person for ONE. They dont care, totally useless. I may be small potatoes but i Pay my fair share yet these people pay nothing over and over again. Thats my beef for today. I just went thru auctions I reported several days ago that they have refused to enforce :smt013

digidog
Site Admin
First Name: Alfie

Post by digidog » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:23 pm

TradeMe work in mysterious ways. They tell their members to use Community
Watch, then frequently ignore valid complaints. The silly thing is, it's TradeMe
who are being ripped off by these people. Go figure.

You may find that if you list auctions which include fee avoidance on this site,
the extra CWs can often help.
;-)

red2140
Members

Re: Trademe ignores CW -contact details etc

Post by red2140 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:35 pm

Thats providing they dont ream you out for it, I was told once is enough and if CW more than once in one listing they will ignore it, go figure. Have one this morning $90,000 machinery telling people to look up their name, full name and district listed and they do nothing. They dont seem to care if they get the success fee or not it seems

marika3
Scambuster

Post by marika3 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:10 am

There is a whole category, Crafts, which operates on "per unit" basis. Listing is for one ball of yarn or 100g of fleece, and you can buy several balls or kilos of fleece, as stated in the listing. Very few sellers list for actual amounts, most list just samples. Emails and other contacts are common too.
I stopped using CW long ago, as nothing changes.

It seems,TM prefer to rise fees to get more revenue from honest sellers, rather than policing own rules and collect all fees owed.
http://www.oneway.co.nz/member/marika3

angry
Members

Post by angry » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:04 pm

CW only has effect on new or low profit sellers, attain " cash cow " status, and you may do as you wish.

In any of the prepay cats, motors Ect, contacts can be exchanged because seller pays a listing fee.

TM :armytank

Honest user ](*,)

Tm dont want the work caused by cw's, we know thye wont act against scammers untill THEIR PROFIT is threatened. [-X

Better to save your energy and just lookout for scams/scamers they are ignoring and draw attention to them. :smt065

I'm only allowed 4 cw's per day because I complained about "cash cow's" listing incorrect junk in whole computers once too often. :smt084

"sellas" user volume seems to be creeping up it may have a future, especially in FREE motor/marine Ect. Once ScamMe loose domminance they will wake up, or slowly die. The latter would be no great loss, Except of course to the Scammers. :grin:

seabird3
Members

Post by seabird3 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:27 pm

Maybe you could draw the IRDs attention to a particular trader, for example, in cases of dropshipping that avoids GST. Trademe claim to work closely with the Department
http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/newsdetail1 ... yID=172037

IRD finds $1.2 million unpaid taxes on TradeMe
08/03/2010 5:52:02

TradeMe admits some of its sellers might not pay tax when they should, but insists it does everything it can to stop the practice.

The Inland Revenue Department has carried out an investigation into online sellers. It has found $1.2 million in unpaid taxes over a three year period.

Chris Budge from TradeMe is aware some people will be doing their best to dodge their tax obligations. But he says the website works closely with IRD, and people are stupid if they think they will not be noticed.

red2140
Members

Post by red2140 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:37 pm

And Trademe continue to IGNORE CW. I am so sick of staff refusing to do anything about all this fee avoidance. 1 issue that I am complaining about at the moment is people listing dogs in FREE dogs which has no listing fee and they are selling the dogs. Some prices can be in the hundreds of dollars. I have 2 right now on my watch list that have been going on CW'ing each time these cheaters relist, because TM do Dick All. In these 2 particular ones TM have WD and warned ONCE only and when relisted and CW it is ignored. There are alot of dog rehoming associations paying the $29 listing fee as they are being honest. I definately can see that have to recoup costs, no problem there but other rescue agencies or claiming to be think they dont have to pay that listing fee yet they are listing with a compulsary donatioon of say $200 to cover costs, same as the people who PAY for their listings. Private breeders also doing the same thing again in FREE. One in particular has a lab they bred that they got back and they refuse to list in the dogs for sale and pay the fee, and the gaul of them and the others who are WD and warned and immediately defy TM and do it again and again. So what is the point of WD and warning ONE time only then ignoring the violations? I even told them that I will not be paying anymore listing fees and will be listing in free to list categories as I told them its obvious they play favorites and pick and choose who is allowed to avoid fees and whos not, and you can bet your sweet patooty that WHEN I do this they will be quick on my arse and threatening to shut down my membership. The other is people listing earth moving machinery/tractors etc in OTHER to avoid listing fees and when most are selling very high price like say $68,000-$175,000 and as usual TM ignores this even when as you would expect they also think they have the RIGHT to list their contact details because nobody is going to spend that kind of money without seeing the machine. That is what a paid listing is for. How many people have sold their machinery without paying a single cent thru giving out contact details? Again TM dont care but I bet if I pulled that shite, they would be QUICK to WD and again threaten to close my membership. I know this because many many years ago I had listed a pet cow in other pets which was a paid listing way back then and they were onto me within a few hours WD'ing and saying if I did it again I would be disabled. I now play perfectly by the rules. Hubby gets upset when someone asks me for contact details and I tell them I cant as its against TM rules, and says do it like everyone else, write it in words instead of numbers, everyone else does it! But I refuse and have lost many sales because the people wanted to chat or see the poultry before buying, which I have no problem with, but the rules are there for EVERYONE, obviously staff at TM have many friends who are allowed to cheat the system. No consistency whatsoever. Sorry about the rant, I am just so infuriated at TM at the moment when there are so many cheats who play the system and get away with it because TM dont care