WIN A DATE WITH ME

Shill bidding, contact details in auctions… anything that’s not a scam per se but breaches TM’s terms and conditions.
Googlybear
Members

WIN A DATE WITH ME

Post by Googlybear » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:51 am

Original Auction listed here was pulled after it hit the message Boards.

But still lives on in Google`s cache
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... ogle.co.nz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am doing this auction as an entry for a competition to win a platnium seasons pass @ Mt Ruapehu. To enter I have to create an auction and sell something, it had to be creative, well what better than a date with me an eligable, single , fun, friendly , professional 34 yr old female - who loves to snowboard @ Turoa. Should you bid any proceeds - dam I do hope someone bids on me -will go to charity. Gee go on someone bid a dollar.

Love a sale? Love Winter? Grab your Mt Ruapehu Season Pass at http://www.LoveWinter.co.nz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

digidog
Site Admin
First Name: Alfie

Post by digidog » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:45 pm

Here's an odd thing... the Google cache of that auction has the names obscured.

Who's doing that? It must be Google because it was an active TM auction when they
grabbed the cached version.

Googlybear
Members

Re: WIN A DATE WITH ME

Post by Googlybear » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:00 am

i noticed that to.
I thought there might be a `private` Auction Setting in TM but i cant see one.

I know zillion did the same sort of thing on the Adult categories.
It Partly hid the user-name of bidders and Q`s

If it is Google that would be interesting as it would have had to be specifically programmed to do that just for the TM Site.

digidog
Site Admin
First Name: Alfie

Post by digidog » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:23 am

I guess that Google qualifies as a non-logged in user when it caches the page. Do all
non-users see obscured usernames on auctions?

And the fact that nics_life listed herself under "Building & renovation" didn't help her
cause at all.

Googlybear
Members

Post by Googlybear » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:51 am

I Logged off and could still see all Auction bidders on any auction.

However an interesting sight on the cached version is the TM add on the sidebar.
You may be viewing a fake Trade Me site. Do not enter your details. Please contact abuse@trademe.co.nz
That`s happened because Google Server has pulled that add from TM and TM has detected that obviously that Google`s server does not belong to them so has triggered a security warning in case its a phishing site.

It now appears that when TM pickups up a non NZ IP Address it blanks the usernames as a security feature.

a Quick browse of an TM auction with active bids using this Overseas proxy server shows this...
http://bind2.com/browse.php?u=Oi8vd3d3L ... &f=norefer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They must have only recently introduced these two features but it`s not often we TM implementing some meaningful security measures.

Foggyone
Site Admin
First Name: Peter

Post by Foggyone » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:27 am

Strangely, it appears to be bidders, but not listers, or for that matter posters to messageboard.

It would be a reaction to scammers approaching unsuccessful bidders to offer non existent goods.
Google, the answer to so many questions!
-----------------------------------------------------