Multiple ID trader/shill bidder - Jaytee1962, ireba1234 etc

Shill bidding, contact details in auctions… anything that’s not a scam per se but breaches TM’s terms and conditions.
digidog
Site Admin
First Name: Alfie

Re: Multiple ID trader/shill bidder - Jaytee1962, ireba1234

Post by digidog » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:32 am

Hi Jacky, I won't pretend to know anything about this particular subject but I can answer one of your questions.
4T5 wrote:1 - 545033296 records on my page as the item did not sell, yet there is feedback - how is this possible?
Simple. That happens when an item is offered to watchers and someone accepts it. So it didn't sell at auction but feedback is allowed because it was bought on offer.

freddobar
Members

Post by freddobar » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:45 pm

My general philosophy is that there is no such thing as a stupid question just stupid answers -
is it original or immittion? burcu90 (12 ) 10:10 pm, Tue 19 Mar

Why would you ask that? There is absolutely no reason in the World to suggest this is a replica. Just the suggestion is enough to create doubt in the minds of genuine bidders but half wits like you don't think of that when you ask your pointless "question" . Blacklisted! 10:23 pm, Tue 19 Mar
1909 Ottoman 20 Para Islamic Coin

freddobar
Members

Post by freddobar » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:19 pm

Rather interesting to find an odd auction on my watchlist today - Two Silver Plated Baby Gifts

Until I realised that it was a heavily re-edited U-boot badge auction with -
This listing was originally for a Military Badge. Unfortunately someone who rates himself very highly arrogantly set out to undermine the listing and create doubt in the minds of other bidders. Then surprise surprise he comes along late in the auction and snaps it up for a song due to the doubts he created in the minds of other bidders. It's a pathetic ploy.

That person was rightly blacklisted. He arrogantly cant accept the fact he can take no further part in my auction so asks his Celtic supporter friend to continue to undermine my listing on his behalf.

As a result I've had to edit the listing to items that have not been undermined.

A loss for someone may be a gain for someone else.
And in the questions -
is it a original timmy1967 (37 ) 7:07 am, Fri 22 Mar

As far as I'm aware it's 100% original but I can offer no guarantee on an item I know little about and even less about it's history. I purchased it in good faith myself believing it to be original. 7:55 am, Fri 22 Mar

then it cant be classed as a original or genuine as you will be aware there are so many fakes and copies on the market and as far as i would say its a copy until proved otherwise timmy1967 (37 ) 8:31 am, Fri 22 Mar

I gave you a 100% totally honest & transparent answer and I gave it immediately yet you come back as Mr Expert and tell me what I should and shouldn't do with MY listing. This is a $1 reserve auction pal. If a buyer is not sure he shouldn't bid NOT try and put other bidders off! I believe it to be a genuine and original item as I have stated. Even the most experienced dealers and collectors World wide with coins and medals etc cant give a 100% guarantee on everything they own. Blacklisted 8:57 am, Fri 22 Mar

Timmy is correct when stating that these there are so many copies made of this type of item and i think you are being a bit hard of timmy for stating so. Before I bid, be it a $1 reserve auction or not I would like to know your reasoning behind your believing it to be the real thing. it cant be because you just think it is surely? Thank you superceltic (316 ) 4:45 pm, Fri 22 Mar

Your friend was clearly attempting to undermine my listing just as you are. It makes no difference what the item is. There are copies made of just about everything and just as many people around who will arrogantly think they know best. I believe this item is authentic due to many factors including the fact I purchased it from a well respected elderly military collector adamant of it's authenticity. Now due to complete tosspots I have to pull this item as it now wont reach it's potential price. 5:09 pm, Fri 22 Mar

4T5
Members
First Name: Jacky

Post by 4T5 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:53 pm

digidog wrote:Hi Jacky, I won't pretend to know anything about this particular subject but I can answer one of your questions.
4T5 wrote:1 - 545033296 records on my page as the item did not sell, yet there is feedback - how is this possible?
Simple. That happens when an item is offered to watchers and someone accepts it. So it didn't sell at auction but feedback is allowed because it was bought on offer.
Yes I have researched and found that to be the answer. Sorry to have caused undue alarm. #-o

freddobar
Members

Post by freddobar » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:07 am

Missed the opportunity to CW this auction for Nine Silver Coins. The mystery Turkish coin is 5 Kurush.

The reason for wanting to CW it was this Q&A -
Hi what silver content do these have Thanks graeme403 (4 ) 5:40 pm, Sun 31 Mar

Answer: Hi, It ranges from 50% to Sterling Silver which is at least 92.5 Silver. I haven't weighed this group which are very collectible but the melt down value alone would be at least $70 5:53 pm, Sun 31 Mar
The Irish 3 pence is nickel and they always claim to be knowledgeable about coins but that's a minor point. The more relevant point is a swift tot up of the silver content reveals about 0.91 Troy Ounces of fine silver. With the current value of silver at around NZ$35 per Troy Oz that means the melt value is less than NZ$35. He's happily claiming it's more than $70 and should know better. I realise it's only a small amount but it's the principle that rankles.

freddobar
Members

Post by freddobar » Sun May 25, 2014 7:58 am

Same old MO in this feedback for ireba1234 -
Disgusting, rude Trader! Admittedly I was 2 days late contacting her and profusely apologised after her 1st email and set a date to make payment. The response I got that she refers to as 'Polite' reminders was that she would be sending her Sons AND his mates to recollect the items as well as EXTRA late fees. I did NOT Threaten this trader...It was the other way round. I was advised by TradeMe to contact the Police. NASTY NASTY Trader..BE AWARE.

trader responded: 24/5/14
Disgraceful trader. I posted these badges prior to payment as a helpful goodwill gesture. They totally ignored my 3 payment reminders despite their account being active every day. I expressed disappointment & advised to pay immediately or I would have my items collected as is my legal right. They then sent me numerous vile,extremely abusive, threat & expletive ridden emails. Tried to cover themselves with Trade Me. Failed. They still haven't paid 28 days later. THEFT

and on the buyers page -

ireba1234 (794 794 positive feedback) Address Verified Feb 2013 20/5/14

jnmal03 was the buyer

(#719552546)

Disgraceful trader. I posted these badges prior to payment as a helpful goodwill gesture. They ignored my payment reminders. I expressed disappointment & advised to pay immediately or I would have my items collected as is my legal right. They then sent me numerous vile and extremely abusive expletive ridden emails that also contained threats. Tried to cover themselves with Trade Me. That worked until Trade Me learned the actual facts. They still haven't paid 28 days later. THEFT

trader responded: 23/5/14
Disgusting, rude Trader! Admittedly I was 2 days late contacting her and profusely apologised after her 1st email and set a date to make payment. The response I got that she refers to as 'Polite' reminders was that she would be sending her Sons AND his mates to recollect the items as well as EXTRA late fees. I did NOT Threaten this trader...It was the other way round. I was advised by TradeMe to contact the Police. NASTY NASTY Trader..BE AWARE.

freddobar
Members

Post by freddobar » Tue May 27, 2014 9:30 pm

Looks like TM have taken action and banned ireba1234. Wonder how soon before they pop up again.