Iphone Scam - TM Account "frcrmr" Michael Kavarnos

Current listings & scams on TradeMe - please post cases of fee avoidance or breach of TM rules (contact details) in the "minor transgressions" area - try to stick to the subject and feel free to start a new thread if appropriate.
hifihua428
Members
First Name: Tony

Iphone Scam - TM Account "frcrmr" Michael Kavarnos

Post by hifihua428 » Tue May 30, 2017 11:16 am

Just like to warn people that the trader "frcrmr" is a dishonest person and did not deliver the iphone after I paid $850. His using his mother's account. His name is Michael Kavarnos.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Feedba ... ber=414986

The account is currently disabled, and it seems that I am not the only victim.

I managed to get my money back after involving the police. Unsure if others get their money back.

digidog
Site Admin
First Name: Alfie

Re: Iphone Scam - TM Account "frcrmr" Michael Kavarnos

Post by digidog » Wed May 31, 2017 6:33 am

Hi Tony and welcome to ScamBusters. A quick Google search shows that he listed quite a few expensive items recently, so you did well to get your money back.

Here's a news report from August 2014 which mentions a certain Michael Kavarnos who stole $144,000 worth of goods to feed a meth addiction. The judge only gave him nine months home detention at the time because he had apparently "turned his life around". I guess he relapsed.

Meth must be one of the worst scrourges ever to hit our small country. And unfortunately TradeMe can appear to be an easy solution when you're wondering where your next hit is coming from.

Tempus
Members

Re: Iphone Scam - TM Account "frcrmr" Michael Kavarnos

Post by Tempus » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:40 pm

I see he still has a Facebook page going - fails to mention any of his criminal activity oddly enough.