Stole my paintings...reproduced them...sold them on trade me.

Current listings & scams on TradeMe - please post cases of fee avoidance or breach of TM rules (contact details) in the "minor transgressions" area - try to stick to the subject and feel free to start a new thread if appropriate.
rippedoffartist
Members
First Name: melissa

Stole my paintings...reproduced them...sold them on trade me.

Post by rippedoffartist » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:06 am

I am fuming....this company called Renaissance_art...literally know they were doing this to me...when I saw 10 of my paintings in a row on the auctions....I went to answers and questions....said OMG you have replicated these paintings you have stolen them off Melissa Wallace..from Manuka Gallery in Taupo...and who the hell has painted these...after about half an hour me still ringing trade me and them dicking me around...I noticed with in half an hour they did.....WITHDRAWN BY SELLER....no wounder I thought....it is extremely disturbing to see your lively hood stolen in front of your eyes....people were coming into my Gallery which have solely my paintings in there...and asking me things like...oh you sell your prints on trade me?...or I've :smt013 seen you stuff on trade me....I got really suspicious...and now and again would have a look...but never saw anything of mine...and thought oh I'm being precious...then I suddenly saw them a week ago...and I tell you...its such a shock...and how dear they do this to me...what sort of people do this? why did this happen to me? I am so violated...I am also suspicious of maybe they have been in my shop..because these ones have been in the back...where any one could take a photo on their phone what not ...defiantly don't like this one little bit. :smt013 :twisted: :smt014

digidog
Site Admin
First Name: Alfie

renaissance_art - plagiarism on TradeMe

Post by digidog » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:24 pm

Yet more art fraud on TradeMe. Our long-term members will remember the Peter Vink saga back in 2005. Vink was stealing images from kiwi photographers, having them "reproduced" in a Chinese art factory then selling them as his own work. It seems that another unscrupulous trader has been doing the same thing to Melissa.

Melissa's story appeared in Stuff and shows a typical weak response from TradeMe, perhaps because renaissance_art pay to operate a TM store? The Stuff story also includes this line from renaissance_art.
we guarantee all photos we advertised on Trade Me were taken by our team from the actual paintings, absolutely not from Google or copy of other's work.
Yeah right!

Melissa has kindly supplied us with some comparison images which I'll add to this thread today. In the meantime I'd urge all of our members to boycott this unscrupulous and dishonest trader.

trader: renaissance_art
name: none
loc'n: North Shore
http://www.trademe.co.nz/stores/renaiss ... t/feedback

digidog
Site Admin

Post by digidog » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:58 pm

Spot the difference
Here are the first three comparison images.
melissa-1.jpg
melissa-1.jpg (187 KiB) Viewed 2452 times
melissa-2.jpg
melissa-2.jpg (183 KiB) Viewed 2455 times
melissa-3.jpg
melissa-3.jpg (190.87 KiB) Viewed 2451 times

digidog
Site Admin

Post by digidog » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:11 pm

And another one... the plagiarism is pretty blatant, isn't it.
melissa-4.jpg
melissa-4.jpg (492.56 KiB) Viewed 2474 times

digidog
Site Admin

Post by digidog » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:41 pm

And one more.
melissa-5A.jpg
melissa-5A.jpg (288.09 KiB) Viewed 2471 times
It's hard enough for kiwi artists to make a living from their work, without TradeMe assisting this sort of nonsense.

To view and hopefully purchase some genuine NZ art, visit Melissa's website.
http://www.manukagallery.com/